• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Pro Day

ForJimmy

5 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Exactly, has anyone actually made comparisons statistically?   Most injuries seem to be flukes.  Is it actually statistically more likely for a lighter qb to get injured more often than a heavier one?

Cam Newton has the most rushing attempts for his position in NFL history. The guy is still running around and throwing passes at Auburn's pro day. He isn't a paraplegic or some poo. If he had Young's frame he wouldn't have lasted half of one season.

39 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

Brees was 6’0” 210ish. Wilson 5’11” 215ish. Young can get close to that. his size shouldn’t be a big issue.

stroud is a machine of consistency and accuracy. young is an amazing play maker. 

these are good problems to have, much better than choosing between Teddy and Minshew.

I'm sorry, but I just don't see how you can compare these two size wise, Russ is much more built to last in the NFL than Young is, by miles.

Wilson at the Combine

image.thumb.png.b1a9d53179b5ebc5f95ff5b9b760b154.png

Bryce Young at his Pro Day

image.png.d7c4ab7c91206456919eb1919518af8b.png

42 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I'm sorry, but I just don't see how you can compare these two size wise, Russ is much more built to last in the NFL than Young is, by miles.

Wilson at the Combine

The best QB of all time has a dad body.

Turn on the film can this guy play QB at an elite level or not?

You want a big ripped tall body go draft AR or Levis. If you want a guy who can play QB the right way draft Bryce or Stroud.

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The best QB of all time has a dad body.

Turn on the film can this guy play QB at an elite level or not?

You want a big ripped tall body go draft AR or Levis. If you want a guy who can play QB the right way draft Bryce or Stroud.

At 5'10" it makes a hell of a lot more difference than when you're 6'4" if you're built well or if you have a thin frame.

Significant difference

Plus, that "dad bod" is also one of the best ever in terms of keeping his body in top shape.  

It's not about how you look, it's about if you have the build to withstand the hits at the NFL level, and not on a game to game or even season to season basis, but for the length of a career you want your #1 pick to have.

Edited by tukafan21

13 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

What's them winning lottery ticket numbers Mrs Cleo? Your "fact" is an opinion and nothing more. Nobody knows if Young or anyone with "ideal size" will be able to stay healthy or not in the NFL after getting drafted. The league protects QBs more and more every year. They're not quite NBA bad with the you can't touch the star fouls yet, but they're getting there. What is fact is that Young played in the toughest college league for three years and missed one game while taking hits from NFL sized players. He's shown he's tough and can take a hit or avoid contact with his small size. The size thing is way overblown on here.

Look no further than us to prove that point. How long did Cam stay healthy? And he was about as big, fast and strong of a specimen you will EVER find for an NFL QB. 6'5" and 250lbs... yes, yes, I know, the way he was used, I get it. TJ Watt hit him while he was in the pocket, obviously prior/nagging injury, but that happens to every QB.

Point being, I'm pretty sure the Panthers will not use Young (if drafted) the same way Cam was used. That's the problem with bigger QB's. If they're not a pure pocket passer or it just doesn't work out that way, then they will be utilized to use that size and speed outside the pocket, which increases injury risk. Honestly the chances are pretty much the same IMO. Could Young be like Tua and more prone to concussion? It's possible, it's also just as likely for ANY QB. 

Luck will always be a factor with injuries in a contact sport, especially the NFL. I just think you do not look at one of the most prolific passers in SEC history and say... nahhh, can't take a chance, he's too small. If it doesn't work out, there's always another draft year. No guarantees no matter who we pick. We still don't know if Corral is a bust or not.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

At 5'10" it makes a hell of a lot more difference than when you're 6'4" if you're built well or if you have a thin frame.

Significant difference

Plus, that "dad bod" is also one of the best ever in terms of keeping his body in top shape.  

It's not about how you look, it's about if you have the build to withstand the hits at the NFL level, and not on a game to game or even season to season basis, but for the length of a career you want your #1 pick to have.

So in other words if you have a dad bod at 6'4 it's fine.

If you have a dad bod at 5'10 it's not fine.

So in the end you judging him on his appearance rather than his game.

This is why I laugh at the Bryce haters, you guys judging a player because he looks like you.smh 

5'10 180 pound kids just don't end up at Alabama. Obviously this kid has game that you're not seeing because you blinded by his size.smh

1 hour ago, tukafan21 said:

Wilson at the Combine

you conveniently ignored the Drew Brees part. he was never thick with muscle, neither were brady or manning.

9A3CEE7A-A550-4A95-92F9-5E04DDD70F7D.jpeg

• Flames 1