• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is why Bryce Young undoubtedly is QB1

Ivory Panther

20 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

#44 overall pick. He lasted one season. This was his last down played in the NFL.

This wasnt even a crushing blow, that was a routine NFL hit.  Young could suffer the same fate or play for 10+ years....I dont want us to gamble on that .

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

That’s my point, none of the numerous former NFL players that rave about Young have those concerns. It’s the twitter and message board coaches.

Have they specifically said that? What'd they say about Tua? It's impossible to watch Tua getting ragdolled and bodied and not have serious concerns about Bryce Young.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Cary Kollins said:

That’s my point, none of the numerous former NFL players that rave about Young have those concerns. It’s the twitter and message board coaches.

Lol none of the players want to say anything bad about another player who is about to get drafted and cost him millions...who woulda thought.....

We have recent evidence with Tua, young is smaller than he is. 

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Lol none of the players want to say anything bad about another player who is about to get drafted and cost him millions...who woulda thought.....

We have recent evidence with Tua, young is smaller than he is. 

Former players critique incoming prospects all the time, it’s literally their job 

Bryce by all accounts is a fantastic person. Most former players like him. Not surprising few if any are going to knock him for his frame. They don't need to anyways everyone else can see the obvious.

But hey apparently we have the best OL in the league for years to come so he will never have to deal with being hit by defenders twice his size. That's a load off my mind 🫡

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, Smithers said:

Team Stroud here.  But I do find it funny that Panthers fans tie a QBs size to his ability to stay healthy.  We literally watched our 6’5, 245 pound franchise QB forced out of football at age 30 due to injuries.  

Our 6'5 245-260 lbs QB was used as a goal line back for his entire career. Not the same.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Former players critique incoming prospects all the time, it’s literally their job 

So we have former players "critiquing" guys coming in from college, but none of them are concerned with Youngs size, which is easily the biggest knock on his game as well as arm strength. It sounds like they are not doing a very good job.

I guess they all have crystal ball and know he is going to last 10-15 years as a starting NFL QB and his size wont be a problem at all. 

16 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

They are only counting height, they just throw body mass out the window. 

The dude is built like a middle school kid. 

People can say or post all they want about how Bryce Young didn't get hurt in college but the NFL is different and due to  his size, and I really hope I'm wrong because it's possible the Panthers could draft Young, I feel he will be highly subject to injury.  

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

So we have former players "critiquing" guys coming in from college, but none of them are concerned with Youngs size, which is easily the biggest knock on his game as well as arm strength. It sounds like they are not doing a very good job.

I guess they all have crystal ball and know he is going to last 10-15 years as a starting NFL QB and his size wont be a problem at all. 

Well, no they don’t have crystal balls. But they have decades of nfl experience which twitter and message board coaches and GMs have zero of. So I’ll take my chances with their opinion over faceless accounts online.

There have been plenty of former NFL GM's with waaaaaaay more experience than us who have gotten themselves canned picking risky prospects. Hell Dave Gettleman had what damn near half a century of wisdom and Giants fans couldn't wait to get him out of town.

3 hours ago, Doc Holiday said:

Like I said before, and I will say it again. If he is was at least 3 inches taller and 20lbs heavier I’d be all for it. But something tells me the reason he wouldn’t weigh in today was because he was under 200lbs. 

size is a legitimate concern. 

Like one of the poster states - If Bryce is 3 inches taller and 20 lbs heavier, we're going to stay on the 9 spot and Justin Fields is looking for the new NFL team.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Stroud also played near perfect in his bowl game the previous year.  Kind of seems like the bigger the stage the better he plays?  Not that he plays bad during other games.

We won't know until 2030 who was the best pick--no sense worrying about it.  I was strongly pro-Stroud in the beginning, but now I am leaning Young simply because he checks all the boxes between the ears.  That does not mean Stroud doesnt...we did not have dinner with him, we have not chatted x's and o's with him, and we are not football experts like the Panther staff.  So I guess we should be rooting for them to do a good job instead of trying to choose for them.

• Pie 3