• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is why Bryce Young undoubtedly is QB1

Ivory Panther

Also, as people have previously said, it’s a lot to do with how you play and the organization and coaches you’re surrounded by. Drew Brees played in the NFL for 20 years and only missed 11 games. Bigger or smaller than Young, he’s still small in terms of NFL standards.

Cam played half as many and missed over double the amount of games. From a size point, that doesn’t make since. Cam was built like a Greek God and yet he didn’t have much protection around him, our coaches didn’t put him good situations, and he ran the ball and that was a huge part of his game but also led to more injuries. 

Hell, you could argue that Young will be healthier than Richardson depending on where they end up and their style of play. 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, frankw said:

Name-calling eh? Maybe that's enough for tonight bud.

Yeah, I apologize for that. Feel free to return the favor.

Trying to get people to even concede the possibility that Young might be successful in the NFL despite his size got to me. A lot of the Stroud fans totally overlook and disregard the OSU QB history and stats claiming Stroud is different while history shows he's not. He's pretty much just been another cog in the QB wheel that is the OSU system. That said, Stroud could end up being the guy that breaks that streak.

Anyway, I'll stick to posting meme poo when it comes to the Stroud/Young debate in the future.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Trying to get people to even concede the possibility that Young might be successful in the NFL despite his size got to me. A lot of the Stroud fans totally overlook and disregard the OSU QB history and stats claiming Stroud is different while history shows he's not. He's pretty much just been another cog in the QB wheel that is the OSU system. That said, Stroud could end up being the guy that breaks that streak.

Anyway, I'll stick to posting meme poo when it comes to the Stroud/Young debate in the future.

I get it man. It's good to stick to your guns and stand by your guy. But can we put the back and forth aside for a sec and address some things. Are any of the folks in favor of Stroud or *gasp* AR comparing either of them to athletes in other sports or martial arts legends? I mean what's the next logical step? Fictional characters? Which Marvel or DC character is his comp?

Jimmy Fallon Idk GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

57 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

This is what is considered wiry, fight me bruce lee GIF. And no, I'm not comparing Young to Lee. I'm just using the gif for the body type. Some experts believe being more compact like Lee was is better than being bigger muscled when it comes to our health and that includes taking hits. Nobody really knows how each person will do when it comes to hits. Yeah, punishment adds up over time. That said, the amount of punishment a person can take is different for each individual. I've heard pro wrestlers call it a bump card.

Leonardo Dicaprio Dancing GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

3 hours ago, OldhamA said:

WRs don't get hit by 300lb Dlinemen. They occasionally get hit by 240lb LBs, but rarely ones that have a 10 yard running start.

CBs occasionally get hit by 300lb Olinemen, but they invariably see it coming and make a business decision. QBs don't have that luxury. 

They also don't have 5 300+ lb lineman blocking for them either. A QB on avg takes far less of a beating than any other position other than P/K in the NFL. And very rarely does a defender get a full on freak shot at the QB. QBs don't get hit in OTAs or Training Camp either. Saying a 200 LB QB can't succeed in the NFL but guys who weigh less and play a more physical position can is just an absurd thought process to me. We have guys playing QB that are well into their late 30s I'm sure Bryce Young will fair just fine.

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 1

4 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I just think the SEC was weak on defenses last year. The first UGA win was awesome, the championship game was not as UGA made adjustments (2 INTs to 1 TD including the game ending pick 6, -40 rushing yards) but again that was a historic defense. 

People keep saying he handled SEC defenses without getting injured. I’m just saying that isn’t true. Would you not agree?

If you play football, you're going to get injured. Missing one game, particularly in the SEC, is essentially nothing. If anyone is considering it something major, then they better consider it something major for Stroud also, or it just bespeaks of being disingenuous.

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1

6 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

The only OSU quarterbacks that are pertinent are those who were recruited by or played for Ryan Day.  Fields played for Day but was not recruited by him. Stroud was recruited by and played for him.  Nobody else is logically relevant. 

Edited by csx