• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is why Bryce Young undoubtedly is QB1

Ivory Panther

8 hours ago, frankw said:

I get it man. It's good to stick to your guns and stand by your guy. But can we put the back and forth aside for a sec and address some things. Are any of the folks in favor of Stroud or *gasp* AR comparing either of them to athletes in other sports or martial arts legends? I mean what's the next logical step? Fictional characters? Which Marvel or DC character is his comp?

Jimmy Fallon Idk GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Should I had spent a few minutes searching google for a picture of wiry bodytype type instead of using the Lee gif? Probably. Did the point of the post go over your head? Maybe, since all you've latched onto is the gif. And that's all I've got to say about that.

Anyway, come on Marty. Bring us Robinson or an LB with that first pick.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

14 hours ago, Panther'sBigD said:

Exactly. So you're saying that all of these idiots think that a guy who dominated in the SEC, against the best college competition, is going to have trouble in the NFL because he's small? Based on what data? That's some Matt Rhule analytics nonsense. 

BTW, Drew Brees played at like 15-20 lbs heavier and he turned out all right. 

Take the best player at every position on defense in the SEC and put them on one team, they would be an average at best NFL defense.  You put way too much stock into the SEC

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, top dawg said:

If you play football, you're going to get injured. Missing one game, particularly in the SEC, is essentially nothing. If anyone is considering it something major, then they better consider it something major for Stroud also, or it just bespeaks of being disingenuous.

It’s simply telling the people that he handled playing in the SEC without any injuries that’s wrong. I mean it’s just a simple statement. He actually got injured….

https://www.on3.com/college/alabama-crimson-tide/news/espn-reveals-incredible-details-about-bryce-young-shoulder-recovery-medical-machines-stim-unit/

The man is tough as hell because it sounds like it limited him through several games. Like you said injuries happen, but people can’t just claim they didn’t. Yes Stroud was injured two years ago but people are not saying he never was and he lasted the whole season this past season. One could argue Young’s being more recent was more wear and tear. 

52 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yes Stroud was injured two years ago but people are not saying he never was and he lasted the whole season this past season. One could argue Young’s being more recent was more wear and tear. 

Well if we're being technical, Stroud's injury was less than two years ago, and he did in fact hurt his leg during Maryland this past November. He just returned to the game and played through it. 

Arguing that Young's injury to his AC joint is more recent than Stroud's injury to his AC joint is technically correct, but Stroud was the one injured most recently, so does that say anything about "wear and tear?" I mean, maybe that's why Stroud hasn't been running...Do you see how the craziness of what I'll refer to in this instance as rabbit hole reasoning?

It seems to me that people are trying to nitpick pertaining to Young, but not Stroud. If we're going to put things on the table, then we can put it all on the table. I don't think that being all technical is particularly fruitful, but if you want to get technical Bryce Young played more and was actually injured less being that he went all of 2021 without injury. 

I mean, I realize that Young is smallish, but technically that doesn't make him any more injury prone than Stroud... technically. Injury may be a concern, but you can't say that Young has been more injury prone than Stroud. People are actually projecting injuries onto Young, while giving Stroud a pass. 

• Pie 4

7 hours ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

Facts. Philly brown is the same size as Cmc.

Cmc touched the ball a lot more in is playing career ( and still flourishing in his career) that Philly brown

Christian Mccaffrey GIF by The Undroppables

LOL WUT?  McCaffery is like 20lbs of muscle heavier than Philly Brown ever was. McCaffery is built like a body builder with tree trunks for legs. I doubt Brown ever tipped the scales > 185.   At the combine CMC was 202, Brown 178.

Edited by gofightwin
  • Pie 1

19 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Well if we're being technical, Stroud's injury was less than two years ago, and he did in fact hurt his leg during Maryland this past November. He just returned to the game and played through it. 

Arguing that Young's injury to his AC joint is more recent than Stroud's injury to his AC joint is technically correct, but Stroud was the one injured most recently, so does that say anything about "wear and tear?" I mean, maybe that's why Stroud hasn't been running...Do you see how the craziness of what I'll refer to in this instance as rabbit hole reasoning?

It seems to me that people are trying to nitpick pertaining to Young, but not Stroud. If we're going to put things on the table, then we can put it all on the table. I don't think that being all technical is particularly fruitful, but if you want to get technical Bryce Young played more and was actually injured less being that he went all of 2021 without injury. 

I mean, I realize that Young is smallish, but technically that doesn't make him any more injury prone than Stroud... technically. Injury may be a concern, but you can't say that Young has been more injury prone than Stroud. People are actually projecting injuries onto Young, while giving Stroud a pass. 

This is my issue with the discussion in here. People act like its a definitive statement Bryce is going to get hurt at some insane level when there has been nothing to really show that will be the case, other than assumptions.

CJ has a slight frame as well if we are being honest and is less mobile to avoid the hits. I wouldnt argue he's going to get hurt at some insane level but I just dont get why 200 lbs is the exact threshold where the injuries really start happening. Its not a binary thing, players big and small get hurt at varying levels of frequency, nothing in Bryce's past shows hes extremely susceptible to injury. Honestly being that small probably helps us put him in even less situations to get injured, a lot of these times teams are a lot more comfortable throwing these big QBs into harms way because of the same assumptions and it generally hasnt gone great for them.

I'm all for discussing players just get confused why Bryces flaws are instantly fatal to so many just because they feel that makes sense, when neither guy is necessarily sturdy.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

20 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Young is smallish? He is going to be the smallest starting QB in the NFL. Look if a player is running around playing Mahomes style football taking hits while extending plays and is fine his first year but gets injured his second year it is more of a concern than a pocket passer getting injured his first year and playing through all his games his second. Call it nitpicking but that is what you should do with the possible top pick. 
This is the problem with a couple of these die hard Young people. They refuse to accept durability is a concern with his size. People were claiming he never got hurt, I said that’s not true and now it’s dragging out to this. Why do you think Young was the only QB not go throw at the combine after weighing over 200 pounds and a month later decided to throw but not weigh in. HE knows it’s a concern and wants to hide it to a degree. It’s why Young isn’t a clear top choice. He checks all the other boxes, but size/durability is a concern and even HE knows it.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Young is smallish? He is going to be the smallest starting QB in the NFL. Look if a player is running around playing Mahomes style football taking hits while extending plays and is fine his first year but gets injured his second year it is more of a concern than a pocket passer getting injured his first year and playing through all his games his second. Call it nitpicking but that is what you should do with the possible top pick. 
This is the problem with a couple of these die hard Young people. They refuse to accept durability is a concern with his size. People were claiming he never got hurt, I said that’s not true and now it’s dragging out to this. Why do you think Young was the only QB not go throw at the combine after weighing over 200 pounds and a month later decided to throw but not weigh in. HE knows it’s a concern and wants to hide it to a degree. It’s why Young isn’t a clear top choice. He checks all the other boxes, but size/durability is a concern and even HE knows it.

Kyler did the same thing tbh, NFL teams care about this a lot less than us fans do. Plenty of players hide their 40 times or other questionable traits at the combine all the time and still get drafted fine.

Youngs durability is a concern sure, but its treated as a death blow on this board when no one actually knows.

I'd say i'm more concerned about Levis staying healthy in the Pros than I am any of the other three personally with how violent he tries to run and how many injuries he's sustained doing it.

Edited by stan786
  • Pie 2

15 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

Stroud has the frame for 220lbs. He is a prototype at 6’3”. Young does not have that frame. He will be playing 190-200lbs at 5’10”. It just is what it is. I’m not arguing for either one at this point. Be happy with either. But acting like size/weight is not a concern is stupid. 

And the thing that is constantly overlooked is that he is not overly fast or athletic.

2 minutes ago, stan786 said:

Kyler did the same thing tbh, NFL teams care about this a lot less than us fans do. Plenty of players hide their 40 times or other questionable traits at the combine all the time and still get drafted fine.

Youngs durability is a concern sure, but its treated as a death blow on this board when no one actually knows.

I don’t think it’s a death blow. I just think he puts him back down to Stroud’s level as a prospect. Which is still a great one! It’s simply a flaw that shouldn’t be completely ignored.