• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith with Bryce Young

NAS

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Can we get a thread of just CJ vs. Young bickering to contain this crap?

This has literally become the board. Just some wildly confident thread about how *insert my guy* is the only choice, the other guy is a worse version of JaMarcus Russell, *insert my guy* is basically a Mahomes/Brady hybrid, etc, etc.

It's literally the only thing that is even posted anymore. What the actual fug.

What did you expect? It's genuinely the most important decision the franchise is going to make for the next 3 years. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

What did you expect? It's genuinely the most important decision the franchise is going to make for the next 3 years. 

I didn't expect a literal war between idiots fanboying out of their goddamn minds for no logical reason.

Just fuging discuss it like adults!

I realize this is an unrealistic expectation for the Huddle.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, XClown1986 said:

What would you refer to them as?

People who prefer one player over another or have their own concerns are not automatically 'haters'. That's just a stupid overused term, like saying that people supporting a Burns trade were 'hating', or that people who had concerns about Rhule/insert legitimately-concerning player or coach here were 'hating', ad nauseam.

Before I myself get accused of 'hating', I really couldn't care less about college football and have total neutrality in the discussion. There are obvious items that are fair game to discuss though, like that smaller players in general may sometimes get injured more easily, that it's may be kind of weird when a guy doesn't do certain things at the combine/workouts, that Ohio State and many other big program QBs have historically tended to fail in the NFL, etc. 

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

17 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

It really is. This is sink or swim for us. Maybe both will be incredible but I’d bet one ends up clearly better.

In that video, Young looks slender and a touch smaller than Smith. I can’t help but think he’s not going to last. I’m not going to lie that his size scares me.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I didn't expect a literal war between idiots fanboying out of their goddamn minds for no logical reason.

Just fuging discuss it like adults!

I realize this is an unrealistic expectation for the Huddle.

Discussions don’t really work. When factual things are named, it’s shut down with “Ah that doesn’t matter, who cares, that’s overrated”.

• Flames 1

8 minutes ago, KSpan said:

People who prefer one player over another or have their own concerns are not automatically 'haters'. That's just a stupid overused term, like saying that people supporting a Burns trade were 'hating', or that people who had concerns about Rhule/insert legitimately-concerning player or coach here were 'hating', ad nauseam.

Before I myself get accused of 'hating', I really couldn't care less about college football and have total neutrality in the discussion. There are obvious items that are fair game to discuss though, like that smaller players in general may sometimes get injured more easily, that it's may be kind of weird when a guy doesn't do certain things at the combine/workouts, that Ohio State and many other big program QBs have historically tended to fail in the NFL, etc. 

You had me at the hater stuff. Supporting the Burns trade to Burns supporters meant we thought he sucked not we think we could get more total value from the firsts, second and cap space for FAs. It’s OK to like a player and prefer something else.

That said, while many big program QBs do fail, there are still a lot of them (looking at top yardage guys this year) like Lawrence, Burrow, Herbert, Hurts, Brady and Tua. There’s also a ton of Power 5 QBs like Mahomes, Geno, Rodgers, Wilson, Goff, Jones, Cousins, etc. that came from non-big time programs but still competed in those conferences. Rodgers’ Cal teams were ranked when he was there, probably same with the others. Allen and Carr are the exceptions that were out of the Power 5.

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I was telling him to stop spamming Young hype like you did with Strong, Corral, Levis, and now Stroud.  I prefer Stroud but can acknowledge both are solid choices.

I cannot acknowledge a 5'10" actually 190lb guy should even be in the top ten at a size position like QB despite"skill" level. He's a risk. If he is good, how long can he hold up in that environment filled with super athletes bigger stronger faster than everyone on the planet?

It's a cool dream to have but nobody wants to be witness to his worst case scenario which, due to his obvious lack of size could very likely be just around the corner. These aren't college players, these are grown men who could easily rag doll him on any play.

No thanks, and you should know better.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I cannot acknowledge a 5'10" actually 190lb guy should even be in the top ten at a size position like QB despite"skill" level. He's a risk. If he is good, how long can he hold up in that environment filled with super athletes bigger stronger faster than everyone on the planet?

It's a cool dream to have but nobody wants to be witness to his worst case scenario which, due to his obvious lack of size could very likely be just around the corner. These aren't college players, these are grown men who could easily rag doll him on any play.

No thanks, and you should know better.

Cool story. Every scout/analyst in the league knows Young is a top 10 talent, but can also acknowledge the risk. Keep pulling for Strong/Corral/Trask because it’s working out so well. Your boy Baker is about to take Trask’s job on a backup’s salary btw.

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Can we get a thread of just CJ vs. Young bickering to contain this crap?

This has literally become the board. Just some wildly confident thread about how *insert my guy* is the only choice, the other guy is a worse version of JaMarcus Russell, *insert my guy* is basically a Mahomes/Brady hybrid, etc, etc.

It's literally the only thing that is even posted anymore. What the actual fug.

only 1 more month of this dude

actually wait no we'll be hearing this poo for years especially if the guy we don't pick winds up really good

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1