• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Unfinished Business (Second most cap room in NFL at $30m)

MHS831

Somehow, the Panthers have increased their salary cap to $29-30m. 

image.png.fb824c3ebc2a2b64e1e587e77df4f6f2.png

image.thumb.png.c26d24792ad5bb5e110f691eb3f9a5ed.png

After saving $15m for rookies and injury free agents, that leaves about $14-15m. 

I am not sleeping well with what we have at WR at the moment.  I think we need a free agent, and it seems the free agent WRs are getting deals in the $6m range.

I have a few names I am keeping an eye on, hoping the Panthers make a move before the draft so we can draft an edge at pick 39.  While I imagine it will be slow until Monday or so because everyone is at the Pro Days, I am expecting a move before the draft.  We are in position to trade for a free agent WR, or we could simply shop in the bargain bin.  There are some good names in it, mostly from LSU.

Chark, Landry, Beckham

Jarvis Landry was injured last year, but before that, he has been durable and consistent.  In nine years, he has averaged 866 yards. 

He is who I would sign.  He is coming off a "prove it" contract during which he was injured.  I think we could give him a 2 year deal.

I think we will extend Burns.

If we can't get a WR signed, sign a CB, ILB, and swing T

Random rant over.

• Pie 2

I think we can all agree non of them are ideal targets for our WR#1 but they're all still free agents for a reason . They've all struggled with injury lately but have good talent/capability when healthy.

I'd gladly take Beckham or Chark, prefer Chark he's younger and probably cheaper than all 3 listed. 

Probably not trading for one with us being in a draft pick hole starting 2024 but if they do, I'd gladly take Hopkins or Jeudy.

We definitely need SOMEONE that's capable of explosive plays. Right now we might have 0 WRs capable of that. 

I'd pick one of those listed dudes and draft a WR in R2. 

• Pie 1

I'd obv love to see Chark or somehow pull off getting Hopkins come here but I still would love to see our defense bolstered with some veteran FA right now.....

Poona Ford DT, Clowney DE, Ingram DE/OLB, Floyd OLB, Ya-Sin CB, Peters CB, Callahan CB/nickel 

Sure you that front with guys that can still get in the backfield and great depth/starters at CB considering our CB1 n 2 are made of fn GLASS

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Somehow, the Panthers have increased their salary cap to $29-30m. 

image.png.fb824c3ebc2a2b64e1e587e77df4f6f2.png

image.thumb.png.c26d24792ad5bb5e110f691eb3f9a5ed.png

After saving $15m for rookies and injury free agents, that leaves about $14-15m. 

I am not sleeping well with what we have at WR at the moment.  I think we need a free agent, and it seems the free agent WRs are getting deals in the $6m range.

I have a few names I am keeping an eye on, hoping the Panthers make a move before the draft so we can draft an edge at pick 39.  While I imagine it will be slow until Monday or so because everyone is at the Pro Days, I am expecting a move before the draft.  We are in position to trade for a free agent WR, or we could simply shop in the bargain bin.  There are some good names in it, mostly from LSU.

Chark, Landry, Beckham

Jarvis Landry was injured last year, but before that, he has been durable and consistent.  In nine years, he has averaged 866 yards. 

He is who I would sign.  He is coming off a "prove it" contract during which he was injured.  I think we could give him a 2 year deal.

I think we will extend Burns.

If we can't get a WR signed, sign a CB, ILB, and swing T

Random rant over.

Just have to remain patient. We may not see what our completed roster looks like come TC and roster cut time. We could always wait and trade for a WR sometime this summer before the season begins as well. Our coaching staff isn't going to panic they are going to wait and get the right guy just have to continue to trust that they know what they're doing. They've done an amazing job so far.

• Pie 3