• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The QB Debate

Sim1saint

15 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

this is a classic case where the data does not match the output. Levis had one of the worst offensive lines in the nation last year. There is no debating that.  There is no way KY had better pass protection than Alabama and OSU..... 

could be a time to snap issue, as scrambling QBs tend to get sacked more trying to use their legs (Chicago) and with Levis being a slow processor taking sacks he wouldn’t have taken if he got the ball out sooner, just spitballing don’t watch either play really

I've been a Stroud guy most of the season, mostly because I just assumed Bryce was going to go #1 to Houston until they lost that pick. I love everything about Stroud, but there is something about Bryce I keep coming back to that I worry we will regret not taking him if he's able to stay healthy. I also have fomo if we pass on Stroud cause I love his size, and throwing ability. Ultimately its such a hard choice because they are both 21 and are just scratching the surface of their potential.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Sim1saint said:

could be a time to snap issue, as scrambling QBs tend to get sacked more trying to use their legs (Chicago) and with Levis being a slow processor taking sacks he wouldn’t have taken if he got the ball out sooner, just spitballing don’t watch either play really

Unfortunately, I did watch every play. I've watched every play for all 4 QBs... and I can tell you that the data is off. Levis isnt a scrambler, he is a running QB. He mainly runs on exhaustion of options or designed running plays. 

Kentucky's right tackle and center were awful... the RT was the worst right tackle in the nation. He had the lowest pass block win rate of any Tackle in the NCAA. It always doesnt help that the KY OC designed long developing plays similiar to what Shula did here. There is actually a really good breakdown of this in the latest QB school by JT O'Sullivan. You watch 5 min of that, and you would go back and edit your post about their oline, haha.

Now, if you are grading KY's run blocking, its on the oppposite side of the spectrum. They were an excellent run blocking team last year. 

Edited by TheCasillas