• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign Chark

Panthers316

1 hour ago, Steelo Senpai said:

Only issue is, unless we find a later gem or somehow come up with another 1st round pick I don't see a lot of guys in our range that have the makings of a WR1, this may be a audition year for TMJ then attempt a splash next season type of deal.  Good WRs for sure this draft but when you get into the 2nd/3rd round there's a ton of questionable guys or guys who are better suited to the slot.

There aren't many WRs in the draft that fit what Reich would want in his #1. Quentin Johnston (1st), Bryce Ford-Wheaton (late 2nd), Dontay Demus Jr (3rd/4th), and Elijah Higgins (4th/5th). Reich will push to reach for a receiver he believes fits his system. Only TE in the draft that fits what Reich wants in a TE is Zach Kuntz. I'm sure Reich will be working/asking on getting Jelani Woods and Nick Foles from the Colts in a trade package with the Colts. I could see Reich placing all these rookie WRs as the #1 target in his offense and having Thielen over or under the rookie as the #2 reliable option. These are not my top WRs of choice from the draft to build an offense, but I get what Reich is doing with his offense and wanting a WR that will physically wear down a secondary over the course of a game.

59 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Other than Hurst...what have they done???

To be fair I wish Ricci got more targets. He’s a natural pass catcher and is a natural runner with the ball. He showed that when he was actually targeted. 

But draft position means Tremble (elite blocker in college) has been forced as a pass catcher while Ricci (actually had hands) was forced as an H-back blocker (literally the reason Tremble was loved coming out).

Ricci probably won’t get a shot because he was undrafted, but so far he makes the most of his touches, while our other TE’s who lean more towards blocking, have been unreliable in the passing game. 

I just don’t get the logic outside of making decisions based on money/draft position. 

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

But draft position means Tremble (elite blocker in college) has been forced as a pass catcher while Ricci (actually had hands) was forced as an H-back blocker (literally the reason Tremble was loved coming out).

Past Panthers coaches playing a guy out of position? There's a shocker.waynes world wayne campell GIF

22 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I just don’t get the logic outside of making decisions based on money/draft position. 

Must protect jobs by making sure those draft picks get every chance possible.

• Beer 3

3 hours ago, KatsAzz said:

DJ CHARK @djchark82

While Fitty is killing it, the coaching staff has made his job easy this year.  Players want to come play for this Professional top notch coaching staff.  Makes all difference.  

Nobody  wanted to come play for Rhule’s college system  except for his old players.  

How refreshing.  

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, TF330 said:

so who do we trade or release, shenault, shi smith, TMJ?

Wouldn't need to cut or trade any of them. 

We had 7 to start last year.

If we only go 6 or 5

Thielen, Marshall, Chark, Shenault, Smith is only 5

Edited by csx
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, ladypanther said:

A stud TE makes all the diff IMO.  Where would KC be without Kelce?  Shockey and Olsen were so good for this team made me wonder why we never tried to do that again.  Get stud TE's, it makes the receiver room better and you never have to pay top dollar for a receiver...plug and play.

Yeah, no one had a good answer for him all the way through the playoffs.  He was The difference in the games I watched.