• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign Chark

Panthers316

2 hours ago, Paa Langfart said:

who is DJ Chark ?

Just a 25 year old guy who has run a 4.3 and has size. Not like the midget group of WRs in this draft. LSU is WRU. So many nice receivers come out of there. Chark is another one. Some injury risk but with TMJ, DJ, Miles,  HH and Theilen we got all the pieces but one for the best offense we have fielded in years. 

• Pie 3

31 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We'll see. "Winning" the off-season oftentimes doesn't translate to winning on the field.

I'm hopeful but I'm not crowning anybody just yet. It all ultimately comes down to how well this QB selection pans out. These guys have hitched their wagon to this pick with that trade.

you have to admit its refreshing to see the team at least try

they aren't trying to win the offseason, they are trying to win long term. I totally get pumping the breaks on getting hopes up, but i much rather see my team give it their best shot at getting a franchise QB and supporting said QB, than continuing to pussyfoot around the position, not making moves out of fear and staying mediocre. 

• Beer 1

46 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I can. Thielen is a 33 year old short term stopgap. Chark is an oft-injured talented guy on a one year prove it deal. Hurst is knocking on the door of 30 and can easily be cut after two seasons.

These FA signings are about short-term bandaids. The draft is about long-term solutions.

I would imagine that the offensive skill positions are very much on the table at #39.

If Zay Flowers is there I am taking 30 seconds to make that pick 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

Please no more WR's.

Get a starter at #39

If we can get a DB or Edge Rusher that would be awesome.

Given that you can operate with four wide receivers and there is a strong chance we lost Thielen and Chark next year, it just makes sense to get a guy now. Especially with this class. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2