• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign Chark

Panthers316

2 hours ago, csx said:

Wouldn't need to cut or trade any of them. 

We had 7 to start last year.

If we only go 6 or 5

Thielen, Marshall, Chark, Shenault, Smith is only 5

Yeah gotta add one in the draft, not take one away. That group is like 2 ankle sprains away from being a weakness. We can get a guy on day 2

4 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

There aren't many WRs in the draft that fit what Reich would want in his #1. Quentin Johnston (1st), Bryce Ford-Wheaton (late 2nd), Dontay Demus Jr (3rd/4th), and Elijah Higgins (4th/5th). Reich will push to reach for a receiver he believes fits his system. Only TE in the draft that fits what Reich wants in a TE is Zach Kuntz. I'm sure Reich will be working/asking on getting Jelani Woods and Nick Foles from the Colts in a trade package with the Colts. I could see Reich placing all these rookie WRs as the #1 target in his offense and having Thielen over or under the rookie as the #2 reliable option. These are not my top WRs of choice from the draft to build an offense, but I get what Reich is doing with his offense and wanting a WR that will physically wear down a secondary over the course of a game.

Why just why you talk about Foles when we just gave cold hard cash to Dalton. Come on now use some common sense 

9 hours ago, TF330 said:

excellent pickup, best WR corp we've had in a long long time. i'm glad we gave chark a 1 yr prove-it deal but hopefully we resign him next year, really like his game when he's healthy

It was said on NFL Live tonight that the Panthers wanted a 2 year deal but Chark wanted a 1 year deal. So they believe in him.

• Beer 1

15 hours ago, Floppin said:

I think Peoples is made for the NFL game as a power back.

Are you an App fan? I've watched his entire career and I tend to agree with that. He played like 6'2 225 so no one questioned his measurable at App. So when he came out at 6'1 210 everyone was confused a bit. Then he ran over and through some dudes when he finally got a carry at the Senior Bowl, instead of Jake Haener pulling every RPO he got, and I was like, 6'2 225 is definitely his playing size. 

Literally ran around two guys and then straight over the UGA safety and then buried another guy. His games against Miami, UNC, and Texas A&M are games people can watch if they want some familiarity with Peoples. 

Would love for him to end up with Carolina but preferably with a 7th round pick. 

1 minute ago, CPcavedweller said:

Are you an App fan? I've watched his entire career and I tend to agree with that. He played like 6'2 225 so no one questioned his measurable at App. So when he came out at 6'1 210 everyone was confused a bit. Then he ran over and through some dudes when he finally got a carry at the Senior Bowl, instead of Jake Haener pulling every RPO he got, and I was like, 6'2 225 is definitely his playing size. 

Literally ran around two guys and then straight over the UGA safety and then buried another guy. His games against Miami, UNC, and Texas A&M are games people can watch if they want some familiarity with Peoples. 

Would love for him to end up with Carolina but preferably with a 7th round pick. 

Yeah, I was born and raised in Boone. I definitely wouldn't draft him until the 6th/7th just because I think he'll still be there then but he's a beast. He always had his best games against the toughest competition.

9 hours ago, Sub Zero said:

None of them.. You can carry more then 5 Wr’s on the roster..

I don't believe any of those guys are safe. The only ones safe at the current moment are Thielen and Chark. The guys who were here before this staff got here are all deemed replaceable. With Preston Williams we have 6 WRs on the roster. We could still add through FA, draft, other cuts that will happen this summer, etc. There will be some major competition for the 3-6 spots come OTAs and TC. If I was a betting man I'd wager the 6 we start with Chark, Thielen, TMJ, Smith, Shenault, and Williams will not be the 6 we end with come week 1.

• Beer 1

13 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Why are you people calling him Baby Chark? Not only may he not like that nickname, but it's dumb. The song is for kids. At least come up with something tough. Charknado, Jaws, Megalodon, Great Black, Tiger, etc.

We're not calling him 'Baby Shark', We're just saying his name in the same cadence as the song Because 'DJ' and 'Baby' have the same number of syllables, 'Chark' sounds like 'Shark', and any parent who has had a toddler over the past decade has heard the song "Baby Shark" on repeat just so their kid will calm down for 5 minutes.

It's ingrained in our brains my dude.

• Pie 1