• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign Chark

Panthers316

1 hour ago, Floppin said:

Yeah, I was born and raised in Boone. I definitely wouldn't draft him until the 6th/7th just because I think he'll still be there then but he's a beast. He always had his best games against the toughest competition.

That Texas A&M game was a thing of beauty.

I grew up in Hudson, going to App games, so I'm right there with you. By the way, Anderson Castle is a future Hall of Famer. If you don't get the joke now, you will.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

I don't believe any of those guys are safe. The only ones safe at the current moment are Thielen and Chark. The guys who were here before this staff got here are all deemed replaceable. With Preston Williams we have 6 WRs on the roster. We could still add through FA, draft, other cuts that will happen this summer, etc. There will be some major competition for the 3-6 spots come OTAs and TC. If I was a betting man I'd wager the 6 we start with Chark, Thielen, TMJ, Smith, Shenault, and Williams will not be the 6 we end with come week 1.

No way that TMJ isn't safe. This is year three where the rubber meets the road. There is still untapped upside. If we're saying the same thing this time next year, then he probably will be in danger. I'm hoping for the best.

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, top dawg said:

No way that TMJ isn't safe. This is year three where the rubber meets the road. There is still untapped upside. If we're saying the same thing this time next year, then he probably will be in danger. I'm hoping for the best.

You can definitely say TMJ has potential but I definitely wouldn't consider him untouchable. I'm sure they have him slotted in as one of the top 2 or 3 guys right now but if he doesn't show anything during OTAs and TC I think he's easily replaceable at this current moment

8 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

You can definitely say TMJ has potential but I definitely wouldn't consider him untouchable. I'm sure they have him slotted in as one of the top 2 or 3 guys right now but if he doesn't show anything during OTAs and TC I think he's easily replaceable at this current moment

I mean, I hear you, but I think that there is very little probability that he shows "nothing." If looking at his history is any indication, he'll do the opposite. If anything, It will be the regular season where we may have to worry.

18 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Happy with the signing but he has issues with not being able to play.  I am glad it is only a one year deal.  If he plays well in 2023 than we can talk something longer.

At least he has incentive to play well vs whatever Robbie was out there doing after he got his big contract

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Actually, I think the 1 year deal worked out the best for the Panthers.

If C.J. Chark  is injury prone this year, they will not have to sign him and get draft compensation.

If he has a good year they can start trying to resign him earlier.

2 hours ago, Sub Zero said:

I’m not so sure now especially if Zay doesn’t drop..

We have no depth and nobody on contract for long term.  I have to think they address this position early especially considering we have a rookie qb and the 2 can grow together.  Hyatt or Downs would be a fun pick.  Fitt said it himself its time for weapons.