• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dear Chicago and media…. About that first next year…..

TheBigKat

I’ve got a friend that’s a Saints fan, and one that’s a Broncos fan. I got carried away, and bet that we’d finish ahead of the saints next year, and have a better record than the Broncos. 

Probably got a little ahead of myself, but it’s just $20 bets and I gotta buy them a drink if I lose. 

Edited by AggieLean
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

I’ve got a friend that’s a Saints fan, and one that’s a Broncos fan. I got carried away, and bet that we’d finish ahead of the saints next year, and have a better record than the Broncos. 

Probably got a little ahead of myself, but it’s just $20 bets and I gotta buy them a drink if I lose. 

I like your chances of winning those bets.

Panthers have a decent D and the O looks to be better than what most #1 QB picks have to work with.

- Winning the division appears to be eminently achievable.

Broncos could have a big turn around this season with new talent surrounding Wilson, but they still have to compete with the Chiefs and Chargers.

- Toss-up.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, rightturn said:

Rookie qb teams still have a tendency to be picking in the top 10.  Takes a bit to get your sea legs

Maybe.... or you do the Brock Purdy. 

Bears will not have a top 5 pick. Most teams picking a rookie QB have several other holes to fill... most of the time it's an Offensive line or a garbage defense. 

This was team with Rhule's fingerprints on it and we damn near made the playoffs with the scraps he left. Hell, delete Mayfield and make 1 more field goal and we'd probably be picking in late teens/early 20s. 

With our defensive personnel ...the new play callers and "actual" coaches..our Oline solidified and improved with a more experienced version Ekwonu... proven playmakers on offense (that actually get TDs..**not a shot at Moore**... the 2nd most cap space in the league and almost an entire draft to pick BPA + the #1 pick. We get the new benefit of udfas and Fa's that actually would want come here now along with cuts from other teams 53 supplement what we already have... yea bro the different variables equate to a different result (If we stay relatively healthy that is). 

Bottom line: With our D, If this offense can put up 24-27 pts regularly, we'd be deep in the playoffs every season. Thats wat... 3 tds and a field goal... or 1 TD a quarter. If we can manage that I can guarantee you we'd never sniff a top 10 pick again.   

With Rhule, Wilks, Darnold and Mayfield, and with Brady still in the division, we still almost won the division last year. As long as our new QB isn’t worse than Mayfield/Darnold we should be winning the division, guaranteeing the pick is back half. Hell, even if the rookie has a terrible first year (which I don’t see happening with either Stroud or Young, they’re both really mature and smart. Much better than most top rookie QBs), I’d guess even Dalton is better than Darnold and Mayfield. 

Edited by JawnyBlaze

I don't care.  I still hate losing those picks.  But it's where we're at now and I hope I'm wrong.  I will say this, at 9 I was excited about the prospects of trade down for more picks.  Then I was shattered at the lose of draft capital on a prayer we pick the right guy (if there even is one in this draft).  To now being reservedly excited because of the moves this front office had made in the off-season and am resting my faith on their continued off season performance come April 29th.

Go Panthers.

Keep Pounding.

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

No way in hell this team finishes top 5. 

Rams

Bucs

Falcons

Colts

Packers (minus Rodgers) 

are easily and handedly the worst 5 teams next year

Then you have Tier 2 garbage

Texans

Cardinals

Titans (no Henry / Tannehill)

Broncos

Ravens (if they lose Lamar)

Remember the Broncos have SP as their HC and I don't think they will be at the bottom of the barrel yet. He just may have this team in the running for a SB possibly if he can get a good team together.

3 hours ago, Castavar said:

Bruh, we couldn't even get a top 5 pick with Baker Mayfield, PJ Walker, and Sam Darnold getting starts last year.

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

The roster construction as it exists today with Dalton under center is better than last year plus you have a grown up staff whose substance outweighs its cliches and buzzwords.  Not saying the team won’t take some lumps but on paper they will not be an easy out. 

• Pie 3

It’s weird that everyone is acting like just because we have the #1 pick we are some god awful team. We were #9 with Matt fuggin Rhule and Wilks. 

I feel like Reich could’ve had this team in the 14-16 range with last years squad. 

• Pie 2