• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moneyball is here

NAS

1 hour ago, run-run-pass-punt said:

There's also something to be said for *not* having a true #1 WR imho. You've still got to have some talented guys, but I think an offense is more dangerous when the distribution is very diverse. Things are less predictable and it makes it more challenging for defenses to key in on favored targets when the ball could go anywhere on any play without that traditional focal point. Of course you've got to have a QB with a quick processor and an accurate arm. Hmm...

2015 is the best example of this.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Replacing DJ Moore's production?

You can reach into a hat and pick out any WR.

9 targets per game; 59.1% catch; 8.4 ypt; 41.1% 1st; 3.4% TD.

Ashton Dulin 63.5% catch; 8.7 ypt; 44.2% 1st; 5.8% TD

In case you don't know the name, he is from Malone University and went undrafted. He has been the #4 WR for the Colts under Reich the last 2 seasons and Reich has had him on the Colts roster all 4 seasons he has been there. Toss him 9 targets a game and he outperforms DJ Moore.

No need for money ball here. You can throw darts at a board and not worry about losing production.

Not hard to find 4 WRs who can produce better than DJ Moore. You can draft 4 rookies in mid to late rounds in this draft and get better production from all of them with Cam Newton and his bum shoulder throwing to them.

Moore has had 5 seasons to show he can be a playmaker, and Reich did not see it just like the entire fan base that kept hoping he was a legit #1. Moore will be a good #2 somewhere, but Thielen is a better and more reliable #2.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 4

5 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

Moore will be a good #2 somewhere, but Thielen is a better and more reliable #2.

Hate to disappoint you, DJ Chark is no Justin Jefferson and you don't yet have a guy like Cousins throwing the rock. Things may be a bit different for Thielen when he doesn't have a guy like Jefferson on the other side taking away safety help.

2 hours ago, Bearzzz said:

Hate to disappoint you, DJ Chark is no Justin Jefferson and you don't yet have a guy like Cousins throwing the rock. Things may be a bit different for Thielen when he doesn't have a guy like Jefferson on the other side taking away safety help.

Well ya know some of Adam’s best years were pre Jefferson. It’s not like Justin Jefferson invented bro.

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, Bearzzz said:

Not disappointed. You just failed to look at Thielen's overall value which goes beyond Cousins and Jefferson. Hate to wake you up, but Bridgewater, Bradford, Keenum, and Cousins have been throwing to Thielen. He has been productive with all of them and Cousins is superior to none of them when you look at Thielen with his 70% catch. Thielen as a #2 is more important to the success of Jefferson and Cousins than Jefferson and Cousins are to Thielen. The data is clear on this.

If I thought DJ Chark was Justin Jefferson, I'd say the #1 spot would be filled. I did not. Chark is not going to be a #1 in Reich's system. Thielen as a #2 will make it easier on the #1 WR, the TE, and the QB.

On 3/24/2023 at 4:23 PM, NAS said:

How do you replace DJ Moore? You don’t, you replace his production. 

Thielen and Chark will have over 1,500 yds  together in this offense. 

Fitterer and team are using some next level analytics to find great cap friendly value 

Happy Jonah Hill GIF

Only downside to you’re though process is replacing DJ with 2 roster spots 

1 hour ago, CPantherKing said:

Not disappointed. You just failed to look at Thielen's overall value which goes beyond Cousins and Jefferson. Hate to wake you up, but Bridgewater, Bradford, Keenum, and Cousins have been throwing to Thielen. He has been productive with all of them and Cousins is superior to none of them when you look at Thielen with his 70% catch. Thielen as a #2 is more important to the success of Jefferson and Cousins than Jefferson and Cousins are to Thielen. The data is clear on this.

If I thought DJ Chark was Justin Jefferson, I'd say the #1 spot would be filled. I did not. Chark is not going to be a #1 in Reich's system. Thielen as a #2 will make it easier on the #1 WR, the TE, and the QB.

Uh, I believe Diggs was on the other side.

15 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

Replacing DJ Moore's production?

You can reach into a hat and pick out any WR.

9 targets per game; 59.1% catch; 8.4 ypt; 41.1% 1st; 3.4% TD.

Ashton Dulin 63.5% catch; 8.7 ypt; 44.2% 1st; 5.8% TD

In case you don't know the name, he is from Malone University and went undrafted. He has been the #4 WR for the Colts under Reich the last 2 seasons and Reich has had him on the Colts roster all 4 seasons he has been there. Toss him 9 targets a game and he outperforms DJ Moore.

No need for money ball here. You can throw darts at a board and not worry about losing production.

Not hard to find 4 WRs who can produce better than DJ Moore. You can draft 4 rookies in mid to late rounds in this draft and get better production from all of them with Cam Newton and his bum shoulder throwing to them.

Moore has had 5 seasons to show he can be a playmaker, and Reich did not see it just like the entire fan base that kept hoping he was a legit #1. Moore will be a good #2 somewhere, but Thielen is a better and more reliable #2.

When will people learn that WR1, 2, 3 aren't positions. They are fantasy terms. Learn about x, y slot to understand the dynamics of how wide receivers work together 

• Pie 2

I think you’re looking too far into it. Just good contracts on players who are undervalued because of injuries or lack of playing time.  We got a few cheap starters too that might not have flashy names but will get the job done. The best part is we haven’t made any crazy signings that could hurt us in the future and still have cap for extensions on our younger core.

• Pie 1