• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What do you want to do with pick #39?

CamWhoaaCam

17 minutes ago, Byrdman4real said:

Nope didn't forget just went with BPA at the time, plus just because you have a player doesn't mean you skip talent. That's how we got Luke. 

If we take a rb at #39 this board will meltdown at least I hope they will. That would be foolish rb can be found undrafted and still have production. That would be a wasted pick if I ever seen one.

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

If we take a rb at #39 this board will meltdown at least I hope they will. That would be foolish rb can be found undrafted and still have production. That would be a wasted pick if I ever seen one.

Yeah but we talking about the Panthers lol

Drew Sanders, Josh Downs, Zay Flowers, TE or DE really should be the pick. 

3 minutes ago, Byrdman4real said:

Yeah but we talking about the Panthers lol

Drew Sanders, Josh Downs, Zay Flowers, TE or DE really should be the pick. 

I wasn't a fan of this WR class, but after watching Zay Flowers that dude is blessed with some crazy footwork and agility dude looks like a prime Antonio Brown. I wouldn't be mad if he was the pick.

Chark/Theilen and Zay as the slot would be crazy!

7 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I am worried about cb depth.  Djax, and Horn haven't made it through a full season the past two years.

I am too. I am also a bit shocked that this is not the biggest--if not the biggest---issue after QB.  I look at the #39 pick as one where, if you need an edge rusher, you have to take him there.  This draft is deep at edge and a round-1 talent will fall into the second round.  Next, you have to go CB.  We simply cannot have Henderson and Taylor out there running around like me the first time I played Madden. 

• Beer 1

Just now, MHS831 said:

I am too. I am also a bit shocked that this is not the biggest--if not the biggest---issue after QB.  I look at the #39 pick as one where, if you need an edge rusher, you have to take him there.  This draft is deep at edge and a round-1 talent will fall into the second round.  Next, you have to go CB.  We simply cannot have Henderson and Taylor out there running around like me the first time I played Madden. 

Yeah...lack of cb depth cost us the playoffs last year. Which I guess is good since we have the number 1 pick now but still...

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Tyrique Stevenson, Emmanuel Forbes or Cam Smith could be there to choose come pick 39.  Some realy nice options.  Wouldn't discount JuJu Brents either, he's legit. 

CBs are super interesting this year.  There's 3 clear higher end guys in Gonzalez, Witherspoon, & Porter.  Then about 8-10 that I'd ping as solid 2nd rounders, can play them immediately, some fringe 1st.  Banks, Forbes, Cam Smith, Brents, Ringo, Stevenson, Turner, T Smith.  I can see A LOT of secondary and EDGE guys going in round 2-3.  

• Pie 1

I wouldn't look past a trade down.  Nothing huge though--but think Pittsburgh, Green Bay or Detroit would be solid trade partner options for us at 39.  

We could land one of their higher 3rds (I.E. pick 78 GB, 80 PIT, or 81 DET) and swap down with them in the 2nd to that mid to late 40s range.  

Would still be in clear shot of the CBs and EDGE guys we're talking about and be in better position to take a play-able receiving talent.  That type of move could open things up and allow us to trade up in R3 if a guy with a higher grade falls between the cracks.  

One of my ideal draft scenarios:

1 Stroud QB OSU

2 JuJu Brents CB KSU

3-1 Scott WR Cinci (or) Mingo WR Ole Miss

3-2 Byron Young EDGE TEN

4-1 Luke Schoonmaker TE Michigan

4-2 Roschon Johnson RB Texas

5-BPA/OL/DL

Edited by Bear Hands
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

I wouldn't look past a trade down.  Nothing huge though--but think Pittsburgh, Green Bay or Detroit would be solid trade partner options for us at 39.  

We could land one of their higher 3rds (I.E. pick 78 GB, 80 PIT, or 81 DET) and swap down with them in the 2nd to that mid to late 40s range.  

Would still be in clear shot of the CBs and EDGE guys we're talking about and be in better position to take a play-able receiving talent.  That type of move could open things up and allow us to trade up in R3 if a guy with a higher grade falls between the cracks.  

One of my ideal draft scenarios:

1 Stroud QB OSU

2 JuJu Brents CB KSU

3-1 Scott WR Cinci (or) Mingo WR Ole Miss

3-2 Byron Young EDGE TEN

4-1 Luke Schoonmaker TE Michigan

4-2 Roschon Johnson RB Texas

5-BPA/OL/DL

I would love this.  We still have about 7 needs, imo--with 3 must haves:  QB, Edge, and CB.