• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My draft needs now…

Sub Zero

#1 WR.

#1 TE.

Edge rusher.

CB for depth.

Basically you don't start a season without a #1 TE and #1 WR and expect to do well on offense. We'll struggle until you get that fixed even if the rookie QB plays fairly well. It's not optional if you want to win. This is a passing league.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, pantherj said:

#1 WR.

#1 TE.

Edge rusher.

CB for depth.

Basically you don't start a season without a #1 TE and #1 WR and expect to do well on offense. We'll struggle until you get that fixed even if the rookie QB plays fairly well. It's not optional if you want to win. This is a passing league.

Not really a Wr 1 potential in this draft after top 3… And TE isn’t that big of a need now and aren’t going to produce TE 1 numbers the 1st year anyway.. 

12 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

Agreed

though i will add a side note: As a VaTech fan, i love Barno's potential and he flashed. complete physical freak. The sinking ship at VT really fuged up his draft prospects but holy poo let Evero get a hold of that dude he can be molded into a monster

Love Barno but having a rotation like Philly is very exciting…

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, pantherj said:

#1 WR.

#1 TE.

Edge rusher.

CB for depth.

Hurst was the Bengals TE1… they have studs at WR though, so I think we can do just fine if we can get lucky and land a potential WR1 or TMJ makes a massive move this season

• Pie 4

2 minutes ago, Urrymonster2 said:

Hurst was the Bengals TE1… they have studs at WR though, so I think we can do just fine if we can get lucky and land a potential WR1 or TMJ makes a massive move this season

At this point Hurst has a better chance of producing TE 1 numbers then a rookie.. 

ppl don’t talk about the transition of TE’s from college to Pro’s being difficult..

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

Not really a Wr 1 potential in this draft after top 3… And TE isn’t that big of a need now and aren’t going to produce TE 1 numbers the 1st year anyway.. 

The only way we could get a #1 WR in the draft would be a trade up which is possible, but unlikely. TE is I see as a need and it's a great target for a rookie QB. Tall, fast, elite prospect getting open and making life easier on CJ or Young. Perfect.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

The only way we could get a #1 WR in the draft would be a trade up which is possible, but unlikely. TE is I see as a need and it's a great target for a rookie QB. Tall, fast, elite prospect getting open and making life easier on CJ or Young. Perfect.

TE is a difficult transition position.. You shouldn’t expect to get that kind of production their rookie year.. That’s why we brought in Hurst.. 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Urrymonster2 said:

I want to upgrade from Hurst in this draft if a better option is available. I see that as important for the reason I gave in the other post. Be careful thinking of our WRs as studs because that could be a bit of echo chamber thinking. The Huddle's response is that our WRs our these awesome studs, but other fan bases are not impressed.

1 minute ago, Sub Zero said:

TE is a difficult transition position.. You shouldn’t expect to get that kind of production their rookie year.. That’s why we brought in Hurst.. 

It's not about big time production, but rather helping our rookie have a great big target to find. That works wonders for confidence and development. So important. We're not headed to the SB this upcoming season, or lighting the league on fire, but our QB development is critical.

• Pie 1

It's not about big time production, but rather helping our rookie have a great big target to find. That works wonders for confidence and development. So important. We're not headed to the SB this upcoming season, or lighting the league on fire, but our QB development is critical.

That’s why you brought in Hurst.. I have no problem grabbing a Kunz later in the draft but at this point I don’t see it as a top 3 need or worth spending a high pick on..

Just now, Sub Zero said:

That’s why you brought in Hurst.. I have no problem grabbing a Kunz later in the draft but at this point I don’t see it as a top 3 need or worth spending a high pick on..

i would be happy to spend a high big on a better TE than Hurst to have more separation for our rookie. We simply disagree on priorities. You're thinking defense, I'm thinking explosive passing weapons better than what we have now. We'll see how it pans out. Fair to disagree. 

i would be happy to spend a high big on a better TE than Hurst to have more separation for our rookie. We simply disagree on priorities. You're thinking defense, I'm thinking explosive passing weapons better than what we have now. We'll see how it pans out. Fair to disagree. 

That’s the problem again it highly unlikely you’re getting a TE better then Hurst will be for the next 2 years atleast.. Let’s not forget Hurst was a 1st round prospect as a TE and while this draft is deep at the position.. The position alone is a hard transition.. Even if you get Mayers or Kincade they probably won’t be better then Hurst for atleast 2 years..

• Pie 1