• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My draft needs now…

Sub Zero

2 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Just to clarify on the Olsen thing. Olsen was traded to us from the Bears because their style of offense couldn't utilize his talent.

Dude reality check it’s rare for TE’s to come in and be productive.. It’s a hard transition position.. Just like QB, Oline , Dline, It takes time..

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

If you don't know what I'm talking about then this is going nowhere. I'll leave it here. 

Yes just stop because you have unreal expectations based off nothing.. I’m sorry that Hurst will probably be the best TE on the roster no matter who they draft based on experience and how hard the transition is for this position.. 

2 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

Dude reality check it’s rare for TE’s to come in and be productive.. It’s a hard transition position.. Just like QB, Oline , Dline, It takes time..

Please go back and quote me where I said that it doesn't take time for a TE to develop fully.

32 minutes ago, pantherj said:

It is not highly unlikely that we can draft a TE better than Hurst. I don't know where you are getting that.

Here’s your quote.. If you think it not unlikely for a rookie to be better then a guy who has proven to be a number 1 TE still in his prime..

Edited by Sub Zero

Just now, jfra78 said:

ILB, NT, and CB are the biggest needs in my mind right now

I would have NT higher but it’s also a hard transition position and when starting a 3/4 transition.. You want more of a vet Presence for couple years with man strength anchoring the front.. I would take a flier on a kid in the later rounds to develop…

1 minute ago, Sub Zero said:

Alright cool.. Look at it how you want to.. But that’s exactly what you’re saying.. 

lol

Not even. Tight ends like Kylie Pitts, and others, can come in and make a big impact before being fully developed. You're seeing this as black and white or something.

52 minutes ago, pantherj said:

I want to upgrade from Hurst in this draft if a better option is available. I see that as important for the reason I gave in the other post. Be careful thinking of our WRs as studs because that could be a bit of echo chamber thinking. The Huddle's response is that our WRs our these awesome studs, but other fan bases are not impressed.

Another Quote where you think you can upgrade from Hurst with a 2nd round rookie…

So again this is a statement of a person who doesn’t think it takes time for TE to transition into the nfl..

2 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

Another Quote where you think you can upgrade from Hurst with a 2nd round rookie…

So again this is a statement of a person who doesn’t think it takes time for TE to transition into the nfl..

Yes absolutely if we see a better option over Hurst in the draft pull the trigger. The rookie might not take the starting sport week one, but that doesn't make it a bad pick.

Just now, pantherj said:

Not even. Tight ends like Kylie Pitts, and others, can come in and make a big impact before being fully developed. You're seeing this as black and white or something.

Did he?? Beyond the fact you’re talking about a guy drafted top 5.. Has he really made a big impact for the falcons??? They run the ball more then anybody.. Their passing offense isn’t even in the top 25 ..

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PittKy00.htm

1st year 28 rec.. 300 yards 2 tds???

2nd year 68 rec 1000 yards 1 TD??

Solid 2nd season (yards and rec.) but 1 TD is big impact??

• Beer 1