• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My draft needs now…

Sub Zero

Just now, pantherj said:

Yes absolutely if we see a better option over Hurst in the draft pull the trigger. The rookie might not take the starting sport week one, but that doesn't make it a bad pick.

And this is where we get to the same conclusion..

Why would it be a better option?? What are you basing that on?? 

The only player who has been a number 1 TE what in the Pros is Hurst.. Not any rookie you draft has done anything in the NFL and still needs to go thru the transition that Hurst has done already..

1 hour ago, Sub Zero said:

Did he?? Beyond the fact you’re talking about a guy drafted top 5.. Has he really made a big impact for the falcons??? They run the ball more then anybody.. Their passing offense isn’t even in the top 25 ..

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PittKy00.htm

1st year 28 rec.. 300 yards 2 tds???

2nd year 68 rec 1000 yards 1 TD??

Solid 2nd season (yards and rec.) but 1 TD is big impact??

You have those seasons reversed. He had a 1,000 yd rookie season. Last year was when he was hurt half the year. 

3 hours ago, jfra78 said:

ILB, NT, and CB are the biggest needs in my mind right now

If Horn or Jackson miss any appreciable playing time, we have… Henderson and Taylor?  Anyone remember the Tampa game fourth quarter?  I still have PTSD whenever I think of that game.

We need another credible corner and this is a pretty strong draft for corners.

Edited by bythenbrs
  • Pie 2

5 hours ago, pantherj said:

#1 WR.

#1 TE.

Edge rusher.

CB for depth.

Basically you don't start a season without a #1 TE and #1 WR and expect to do well on offense. We'll struggle until you get that fixed even if the rookie QB plays fairly well. It's not optional if you want to win. This is a passing league.

The chances of drafting anyone who will displace Hurst or Thielen/Chark as #1s is slim to nothing. That's why they are here