• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My draft needs now…

Sub Zero

9 hours ago, Sub Zero said:

At this point Hurst has a better chance of producing TE 1 numbers then a rookie.. 

ppl don’t talk about the transition of TE’s from college to Pro’s being difficult..

8 hours ago, Sub Zero said:

30 isn’t old for a TE.. This isn’t RB again..

Olson played till 36..

Kelce is 33..

Kittles is 29.. 

8 hours ago, Sub Zero said:

Dude reality check it’s rare for TE’s to come in and be productive.. It’s a hard transition position.. Just like QB, Oline , Dline, It takes time..

I'm going to address all of this.

• It is not rare for TEs to come in and be productive. It really depends on the team's offense and the player themselves. 2022 rookie TE stats. Notice several of them had more receiving stats than several Panther players even when playing less games. 2019 rookie TE stats. 2018. You can go on and on. The point is, that productive rookie TEs are not a rare thing.
  • Going even further back, New England drafted two TEs in 2010. Hernandez and Gronkowski combined for over a 1000 yards and 10 TDs.
  • And two periods(..) is not an ellipse, you need three(...). Use it correctly or not at all please. 😮😉

9 hours ago, The Huddler said:

Agreed

though i will add a side note: As a VaTech fan, i love Barno's potential and he flashed. complete physical freak. The sinking ship at VT really fuged up his draft prospects but holy poo let Evero get a hold of that dude he can be molded into a monster

I completely agree. You can't coach that speed. He has the ideal size as a stand up lb

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, Toomers said:

You have those seasons reversed. He had a 1,000 yd rookie season. Last year was when he was hurt half the year. 

Also for whatever reason, Arthur Smith decided he didn't need to be part of the offense. I thought he may have been on the outs or something with the coaches or staff by how much he was being neglected. If he's being used that little again this year, a trade next offseason might not be a bad thing if we could somehow get past that whole division rival thing.  

3 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

I'm going to address all of this.

• It is not rare for TEs to come in and be productive. It really depends on the team's offense and the player themselves. 2022 rookie TE stats. Notice several of them had more receiving stats than several Panther players even when playing less games. 2019 rookie TE stats. 2018. You can go on and on. The point is, that productive rookie TEs are not a rare thing.
  • Going even further back, New England drafted two TEs in 2010. Hernandez and Gronkowski combined for over a 1000 yards and 10 TDs.
  • And two periods(..) is not an ellipse, you need three(...). Use it correctly or not at all please. 😮😉

You name 2 TE I can name 10 for every 2.. Let me know when you’re ready..

And last I’ll do what the fug I want when I post worry about your own poo..

Edited by Sub Zero

14 hours ago, Sub Zero said:

Not really a Wr 1 potential in this draft after top 3… And TE isn’t that big of a need now and aren’t going to produce TE 1 numbers the 1st year anyway.. 

Hurst was a TE1 on one of the best teams in league. WR 1 I agree with but that probably will not happen this year 

32 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

Hurst was a TE1 on one of the best teams in league. WR 1 I agree with but that probably will not happen this year 

I think ppl aren’t really researching this draft.. The draft is deep in small slot guys .. Not to many big number 1 type guys.. Even the 1st 3 to 4 guys in my opinion have questioned marks.. After those Guys (Johnson, Addison, Simth Jb, and Flowers ) will probably be gone before 39 and trading up isn’t like trading up for a Olave, Wilson or Julio.. You’re not getting that type of prospect.. But After the 4 .. There is a drop off and the talent from the middle of round 2 isn’t much different from round 4.. I wouldn’t mind grabbing a Parker Washington or Charlie Jones in the 4th or 5th round.. Or grabbing a TE in later rounds like Latu or Kunz.. But in the 2nd round and 3rd round in most mocks shows a higher talent level in the Pass rusher, Dlinemen and CB positions… 

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

I think ppl aren’t really researching this draft.. The draft is deep in small slot guys .. Not to many big number 1 type guys.. Even the 1st 3 to 4 guys in my opinion have questioned marks.. After those Guys (Johnson, Addison, Simth Jb, and Flowers ) will probably be gone before 39 and trading up isn’t like trading up for a Olave, Wilson or Julio.. You’re not getting that type of prospect.. But After the 4 .. There is a drop off and the talent from the middle of round 2 isn’t much different from round 4.. I wouldn’t mind grabbing a Parker Washington or Charlie Jones in the 4th or 5th round.. Or grabbing a TE in later rounds like Latu or Kunz.. But in the 2nd round and 3rd round in most mocks shows a higher talent level in the Pass rusher, Dlinemen and CB positions… 

Jones might be this class's sleeper.

19 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

We need Edge pretty bad.  YGM needs to be replaced as a starter 

12 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

We need Edge pretty bad.  YGM needs to be replaced as a starter 

And Edge at 39 has a lot of starting quality options.. I honestly think you could trade down 10 to 49 or 50 add extra picks and still get a good edge player..

51 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

And Edge at 39 has a lot of starting quality options.. I honestly think you could trade down 10 to 49 or 50 add extra picks and still get a good edge player..

I would love to pick up an early 3rd in this scenario. Sux we wasted that pick on Corral 

• Pie 1