• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Maple Leafs

Panthers Fan 69

The Canes enjoy a small, 2-point lead on the Devils and they have 2 games in hand. NJ is also back home today for the second game of a back-to-back with Ottawa in town. Even with 2 games in hand, a 2-point lead says, "Take care of your own business and let the chips fall where they may."

Maintain or build on the 2-point lead with a win, or keep the lead or, perhaps, fall into a tie with NJ. It's about points now. Not so much beating the other guy, who we dislike immensely. If #52 was in the starter's crease this morning, then he's starting.

On the other side of that coin is #31, who has stood on his head the last 2 games. None of the goals allowed were really on him as much as defensive lapses. Not sure which pill you'd rather swallow- the defensive lapse or the goalie giving up the easy one now and then. I'll take the defensive lapse, because there's still a chance the goalie comes up huge.

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

On the other side of that coin is #31, who has stood on his head the last 2 games. None of the goals allowed were really on him as much as defensive lapses. Not sure which pill you'd rather swallow- the defensive lapse or the goalie giving up the easy one now and then. I'll take the defensive lapse, because there's still a chance the goalie comes up huge.

I think we'll be seeing a lot of Kuccci as the season winds down. Maintaining 1st in the Metro is huge, but we also have to think about what happens when we get in.

Raanta is working his way back from injury and we need him as healthy as possible. Freddie is like 50% glass and should be treated as such. That being said, we will probably need the youngbuck in the playoffs at some point.

To be able to be relied upon when it matters most, Pyotr has to fix his 5hole problem. The only way to do that is in live action. It could cost us some points in the standings. However, when our Goalies are on, we can beat any team in the league.

TLDR... our Goalies will do more to decide how deep our playoff run will go than our initial seeding/match up will.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Stumpy said:

I think we'll be seeing a lot of Kuccci as the season winds down. Maintaining 1st in the Metro is huge, but we also have to think about what happens when we get in.

Raanta is working his way back from injury and we need him as healthy as possible. Freddie is like 50% glass and should be treated as such. That being said, we will probably need the youngbuck in the playoffs at some point.

To be able to be relied upon when it matters most, Pyotr has to fix his 5hole problem. The only way to do that is in live action. It could cost us some points in the standings. However, when our Goalies are on, we can beat any team in the league.

TLDR... our Goalies will do more to decide how deep our playoff run will go than our initial seeding/match up will.

("  TLDR... our Goalies will do more to decide how deep our playoff run will go than our initial seeding/match up will.")

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

I love Koochie but him in net is now become a guaranteed loss. Hoping for a Miracle or a ton of offense. 

A ton of offense is a miracle too lol.

I do believe this team has it in them if they just believe in themselves. I think I’ll believe too just to help them along!

Edited by DavidEng
  • Pie 1

22 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

A ton of offense is a miracle too lol.

I do believe this team has it in them if they just believe in themselves. I think I’ll believe too just to help them along!

Agreed. We get 1st half of last year Freddie, we can beat anyone. Need someone else to step up on offense. Our defense is more than good enough to do it.

• Pie 2