• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How many wins will this team bring on paper?

Chad_Cota

59 minutes ago, DennisM1 said:

Really only 4 TOUGH opponents there

DALLAS 

TEN

MIAMI

MINNY 

Every other game should be a toss up imo..

There's always good teams every year that are much worse the next year and bad teams from prior year that get much better 

Most predictions are jacked up due to this imo in the off season.  Most people aren't good at predicting the good and bad teams. Example the NFC east basically went from bottom feeders to winners. Packers shat themselves, Broncos shat themselves.  A lot of people were fairly low on the cheifs bc of Tyreek leaving. 

Also the draft is really going to shake things up. 

For the Panthers particularly I think it's mostly dependant on health.  Our CBs in particular keep getting injured every year, if they were both healthy last year we could've even won a playoff game or two, and that was with questionable QB play, interim coach without his own selected players, and Macadoo at OC. 

With everything we got already in the off season even just starting Dalton I think we could easily be a playoff team. If Young or Stroud is even remotely decent you're definitely looking at wild card + unless we get some critical injuries. 

I really think at minimum  8-9. Maximum 13-4 . Yea that's extraordinarily lofty for a new coaching staff and rookie qb but roster is stacked if healthy. 

Getting bunch of injuries you could throw all that out though. Injuries are usually key.

3 hours ago, Chad_Cota said:

The only thing that worries me about this team is the Dline and oline depth.

Same here. And having addressed virtually every immediate concern, I see the draft playing out quite differently than I did 2-3 weeks ago. Now I think we actually drafts good deal of depth in these positions later on. We no longer need a WR early on in the draft. You could almost argue we don’t really have a lot of room for an early WR pick now unless we are giving up on TMJs development which I do not at all believe is the case. 

I think OL and DL depth we go for in the middle of the draft. Literally BPA in round to. Maybe a CB, LB, Edge, TE. Could be anything. But then I think OL depth will be tackled. It’s amazing to think about how many holes this roster had a month ago. Now suddenly it feels like there are very few remaining. Suddenly depth really is our biggest concern.