• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper's Role as a Tiebreaker

SaltAndPepper

Hello my friends. 

If the FO and the CS (coaching staff) were to stay at an impasse through the draft, with... say Reich and Co wanting CJ Stroud and the FO wanting... say... Bryce Young, who would Tepper side with and break the tie with? Will he side with Reich and say "Stroud is CAR bound?" or will he side with Fitt and say "Young makes me feel young. Pick him." 

• Pie 1

Agree with ladypanther…Fitt knows what’s best for the team. Get the Head Coach ‘his’ quarterback and let him run ‘his’ system. 

Leave the billionaire to his steak and ketchup. 

Edited by KBRed
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 2

I don’t think Tepper would be the guy to make or necessarily veto a decision.  I think he is there mainly to learn and understand the evaluation process (hate that word). I think if there is a “tie” he would help mediate the decision but I don’t think it will come down to a trivial fact like “ I liked how Bryce tied his shoe laces” so we are going with him.

I know there is a desire to label him as the meddling owner but I don’t think that is the case here. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

23 minutes ago, Tbe said:

What Frank and Thomas Brown want is what we’ll get.

Yeah Fitt did his job getting all the vet skills guys in FA, and keeping the O-line intact.  Let Frank and Thomas take the guy that can run their offense. I also agree that since Tepper cannot be fired, he shouldn't be making any tie breaker decisions because he'll just pick his favorite, which if it's the wrong guy can totally screw up the playbook

• Pie 2

I think what’s happening is that Bryce is currently leading. At least it was before Reich & especially McCown was hired.

Scott & Tepper have been wanting Bryce before they hired Frank.

Bryce is who Scott describes every time he is asked. When Thomas was hired & interviewed, u can tell he described Bryce because that’s who has been the favorite in the building.

they want a point guard. Someone who can be super man when they need to make a play on 3rd down.

They want fast processor before & after the snap. That’s a Bryce strong attributes.

Scott’s says throwing & accuracy is not the only thing they are looking for. This is the 1 thing  CJ is ahead of Bryce. 

but I think McCown is making a push for stroud. When breaking down videos before being hired, he picked CJ best game vs GA. There is hardly anything to critic on that game. He clearly loves the kid both on & off the field. Nothing wrong with that. 

I’m not sure if Reich strongly leans anywhere yet. He tried to tell ppl not to label him with QB preference. That he had a high grade on Russell in his latest presser. But at the combine presser he stated size was a concern. CJ fits the mold of who he has coached in the past however. Lastly, there are reports he is the one who is high on AR as well. 

i think Caldwell is the wild card. His opinion will be big but I’ve no idea where he leans. 

In conclusion, I think Bryce is the current favorite but if McCown is pushing for CJ. 
Tepper likely sides with the majority.

• Pie 2

I think Tepper is along for the ride and just having fun with the process.  Not very often (hopefully) that your team will be picking #1 to get the franchise QB. 

I think a lot of fans ASSUME Tepper is some control freak with his hands on everything. There is probably some truth about him pushing us to be aggressive.  And I do think this team has been aggressive AF and i feel that has embodied the Tepper persona. GO GET IT. HAVE SOME BALLS. NO RISK IT NO BUISCUIT. 

that said, I think Tepper has had his persona on the team manifest in the way of giving that green light and opening his wallet. 

one of the things that i loved about Tepper from the beginning is that I truly believe he wants his team to be the best.  wants the best this, best that, wants to win. idc if its to float his ego. Hes opened that wallet to pay for the best coaching staff in franchise history.  he threw the fugin bag an MFs. 

but at the end of the day, I think hes smart enough to step out of the way and ket the football people make football decisions. We don't have a bunch of rinky dink football minds in the building.  i don't believe he assembled a room full of smart football people that can collectively come to a decision just to over ride them. He didnt buy a calculator just to do the math by hand. hes going to let these people cook. I really believe that. yes, his agressive imprints are all over this team.  But i think its through mindset, a green light, and an open wallet.  Go get the best coaching staff.  go get the best QB in the draft. I love this MF dude.  he got a lot of heat but i always stood by him cause i saw this quality in him. I think fan make assumptions, or project what they would do if they owned a team, which would be a tyrant thats stupid and ignores cues.  well the average fan cant even reach around to wipe their own ass. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

I think what’s happening is that Bryce is currently leading. At least it was before Reich & especially McCown was hired.

Scott & Tepper have been wanting Bryce before they hired Frank.

Bryce is who Scott describes every time he is asked. When Thomas was hired & interviewed, u can tell he described Bryce because that’s who has been the favorite in the building.

they want a point guard. Someone who can be super man when they need to make a play on 3rd down.

They want fast processor before & after the snap. That’s a Bryce strong attributes.

Scott’s says throwing & accuracy is not the only thing they are looking for. This is the 1 thing  CJ is ahead of Bryce. 

but I think McCown is making a push for stroud. When breaking down videos before being hired, he picked CJ best game vs GA. There is hardly anything to critic on that game. He clearly loves the kid both on & off the field. Nothing wrong with that. 

I’m not sure if Reich strongly leans anywhere yet. He tried to tell ppl not to label him with QB preference. That he had a high grade on Russell in his latest presser. But at the combine presser he stated size was a concern. CJ fits the mold of who he has coached in the past however. Lastly, there are reports he is the one who is high on AR as well. 

i think Caldwell is the wild card. His opinion will be big but I’ve no idea where he leans. 

In conclusion, I think Bryce is the current favorite but if McCown is pushing for CJ. 
Tepper likely sides with the majority.

This isn't a prediction thread, we've had like 20 of those already

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

This isn't a prediction thread, we've had like 20 of those already

Not sure what u r talking abt…Didn’t predict anything. I’m not Nostradamus. Lol. 
stating Whr I think is each faction stands & Whr Tepper would lean in my opinion (with the majority).

if that’s prediction in ur opinion, I’m fine with that.