• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper's Role as a Tiebreaker

SaltAndPepper

2 hours ago, Ivory Panther said:

I think what’s happening is that Bryce is currently leading. At least it was before Reich & especially McCown was hired.

Scott & Tepper have been wanting Bryce before they hired Frank.

Bryce is who Scott describes every time he is asked. When Thomas was hired & interviewed, u can tell he described Bryce because that’s who has been the favorite in the building.

they want a point guard. Someone who can be super man when they need to make a play on 3rd down.

They want fast processor before & after the snap. That’s a Bryce strong attributes.

Scott’s says throwing & accuracy is not the only thing they are looking for. This is the 1 thing  CJ is ahead of Bryce. 

but I think McCown is making a push for stroud. When breaking down videos before being hired, he picked CJ best game vs GA. There is hardly anything to critic on that game. He clearly loves the kid both on & off the field. Nothing wrong with that. 

I’m not sure if Reich strongly leans anywhere yet. He tried to tell ppl not to label him with QB preference. That he had a high grade on Russell in his latest presser. But at the combine presser he stated size was a concern. CJ fits the mold of who he has coached in the past however. Lastly, there are reports he is the one who is high on AR as well. 

i think Caldwell is the wild card. His opinion will be big but I’ve no idea where he leans. 

In conclusion, I think Bryce is the current favorite but if McCown is pushing for CJ. 
Tepper likely sides with the majority.

Now how would Sott and Tepper want Bryce Young before Frank Reich was hired. Does not make sense at all saying this.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

Now how would Scott and Tepper want Bryce Young before Frank Reich was hired. Does not make sense at all saying this.

Right how could anyone know this?

Anyways if there is any scenario where our owner is deciding the next QB we are in trouble. If it comes down to that you go with the QB the staff agrees on that they plan to develop. You don't hire that many combined years of wisdom and then say okay I'll decide.

Edited by frankw
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

I've been of the opinion that you can't go wrong with either Young or Stroud so really....

Mad Men Self Care GIF

I'm at peace with however it shakes out as long as it's one of those two 

Part of me wants to see how badly the huddle implodes if we draft AR or Levis

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

7 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

Now how would Sott and Tepper want Bryce Young before Frank Reich was hired. Does not make sense at all saying this.

I posted a clip of a journalist talking to Scott in November & what he said abt Bryce. Couple that with what he has been saying since…

8 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Part of me wants to see how badly the huddle implodes if we draft AR or Levis

I'll be among the imploders, especially if it's Levis I'll try to make the best of it, but my gut would be in knots. AR would be a tough sell, but I could be bought on the idea that they could turn him into something beyond special.

Still, I'd rather not have to work to be excited. Just give me Stroud or Young and I'll be good 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I'll be among the imploders, especially if it's Levis I'll try to make the best of it, but my gut would be in knots. AR would be a tough sell, but I could be bought on the idea that they could turn him into something beyond special.

Still, I'd rather not have to work to be excited. Just give me Stroud or Young and I'll be good 

If they traded that much to get up and draft a project.. I might need a few months to convince myself that they aren’t idiots and know what they’re doing.. The whole time feeling really sick ..

14 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

If they traded that much to get up and draft a project.. I might need a few months to convince myself that they aren’t idiots and know what they’re doing.. The whole time feeling really sick ..

I trust these coaches and staff in a way I haven't in a long time, if ever. 

That would just be a harder thing to trust them on. I think they'd still be able to make it work out well, it's just a lot harder to visualize and it would take a lot longer to make it happen than it would with Young or Stroud. 

I'm only getting older and my ticker is moving quicker. I'd really like to see us hoist a Lombardi before I start thinking that Tuesday's taste like oatmeal.

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

I trust these coaches and staff in a way I haven't in a long time, if ever. 

That would just be a harder thing to trust them on. I think they'd still be able to make it work out well, it's just a lot harder to visualize and it would take a lot longer to make it happen than it would with Young or Stroud. 

I'm only getting older and my ticker is moving quicker. I'd really like to see us hoist a Lombardi before I start thinking that Tuesday's taste like oatmeal.

I trust this staff as well but making that pick would really have me taking time off to restore my faith and doing a lot of talking myself into it… 

Like going thru my moms browser’s history and seeing a only fans account.. I trust my mom but I would give her the side eye for a couple weeks!! Lmao

1 hour ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

Lol...right. that would conflict with all those reports from panthers reporters saying they loved stroud months ago. 

3 hours ago, Ivory Panther said:

I think what’s happening is that Bryce is currently leading. At least it was before Reich & especially McCown was hired.

Scott & Tepper have been wanting Bryce before they hired Frank.

Bryce is who Scott describes every time he is asked. When Thomas was hired & interviewed, u can tell he described Bryce because that’s who has been the favorite in the building.

they want a point guard. Someone who can be super man when they need to make a play on 3rd down.

They want fast processor before & after the snap. That’s a Bryce strong attributes.

Scott’s says throwing & accuracy is not the only thing they are looking for. This is the 1 thing  CJ is ahead of Bryce. 

but I think McCown is making a push for stroud. When breaking down videos before being hired, he picked CJ best game vs GA. There is hardly anything to critic on that game. He clearly loves the kid both on & off the field. Nothing wrong with that. 

I’m not sure if Reich strongly leans anywhere yet. He tried to tell ppl not to label him with QB preference. That he had a high grade on Russell in his latest presser. But at the combine presser he stated size was a concern. CJ fits the mold of who he has coached in the past however. Lastly, there are reports he is the one who is high on AR as well. 

i think Caldwell is the wild card. His opinion will be big but I’ve no idea where he leans. 

In conclusion, I think Bryce is the current favorite but if McCown is pushing for CJ. 
Tepper likely sides with the majority.

Good stuff, keep in mind that McCown is simply the QB coach OC coach Thomas Brown has a bigger say than our QB coach 

According to Michael Lombardi, he decision will come down to four people Tepper, Reich, Fitterer, and Dan Morgan

• Pie 1