• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Statistics: There is no correlation btwn QB height and batted passes

Saca312

Not worried about batted passes or height at all, but Young tends to hold on to the ball for a long time to make a bigger play, and it had a tendency to get him crushed a few times at Alabama. Whereas Stroud rarely takes hits becuase he wants the ball out fast

• Pie 5

It’sa good chart. I think a lot of people aren’t really concerned about the height per se vice he’s small. The he’s small concern is singularly about injury and not about anything else related to football. I think Young can do everything on the football field. What I’m not sure he can do is survive. Can anyone be taken out by injury? Yup. But who’s more likely to feel the effects of giant men trying to kill you? I would think a little guy.

Having said all that. I’d be really happy to have Young and I want his brain in anyone else’s body lol.IMG_1827.GIF.75f9bc2580fb545e12787555f7173c04.GIF

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, amcoolio said:

Not worried about batted passes or height at all, but Young tends to hold on to the ball for a long time to make a bigger play, and it had a tendency to get him crushed a few times at Alabama. Whereas Stroud rarely takes hits becuase he wants the ball out fast

This is pretty much my only problem with Young.  Young never wants to give up on plays and holds the ball forever.  It worked in college, ask Manziel how it will work in the NFL.  Not saying Young is Manziel, because he is 10x better at least, but you have to get rid of the ball in the NFL and can't make a living off broken plays. 

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Saw an interesting chart recently. All the more on topic considering the Panthers QB choices.

C3275520-492F-43C0-B89D-14DF9DA45C4E.thumb.jpeg.8627db9ca3842eb82a5fc53a05643d5f.jpeg

It appears there is no correlation between QB height and batted passes. What matters more is how well the QB avoids telegraphing throws and manages himself, not height.

Source

I don't think this is the first dive someone has done into this. 

Logically, there wasn't likely to be a strong correlation. 

Some people just have a very basic understanding of simple football and assume very ridiculous things.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1