• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Wish list!! prospects not talked about..

Sub Zero

Outside of the obvious QB, with the other remaining, ugh...five picks I feel we need a NT, TE, RB, WR and (LB or FS).  Gotta get the core offensive skill players to grow together.  The nose tackle is imperative and either a ball-hawking FS or LB for the defense.

25 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Outside of the obvious QB, with the other remaining, ugh...five picks I feel we need a NT, TE, RB, WR and (LB or FS).  Gotta get the core offensive skill players to grow together.  The nose tackle is imperative and either a ball-hawking FS or LB for the defense.

So when you all are saying, "We need a NT, I assume that you do not think Tuttle is that player.  We have McCall (340) and Roy (I do not like him, but he is big--330) and Brown could move inside to the nose (320) if we want to rush the passer. 

So if we need a Nose--we do not need another DE.  Is that what you are implying?  Not being critical, just want to hear why everyone is saying that we need a NT.

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

We need ILBs unless we find a prospect on the outside too good to pass up.  I'd like to develop Shaq's replacement now than try to do it the year he's released.

In my head, I have Shaq, Luvu, and Smith at ILB--with the need to add one.  On the outside, I have Burns, Haynes, and Barno with the need to add one.  I have YGM playing the 3 to 5 (depending on situation) and I have Chinn at big nickel and maybe some other spot not clearly identified in the 3-4 set.  I am simply guessing what I think they will do.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

So when you all are saying, "We need a NT, I assume that you do not think Tuttle is that player.  We have McCall (340) and Roy (I do not like him, but he is big--330) and Brown could move inside to the nose (320) if we want to rush the passer. 

So if we need a Nose--we do not need another DE.  Is that what you are implying?  Not being critical, just want to hear why everyone is saying that we need a NT.

Tuttle can play across the line, but I want a hoss in the middle, he's not big enough. Also Tuttle is essentially just a two year stop-gap. McCall has the size, but can he play there?  Roy can't play it-- he doesn't have the anchor.  Dude got pushed around as a 3-tech.

I'd rather have Brown slim down and play end. 

6 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

In my head, I have Shaq, Luvu, and Smith at ILB--with the need to add one.  On the outside, I have Burns, Haynes, and Barno with the need to add one.  I have YGM playing the 3 to 5 (depending on situation) and I have Chinn at big nickel and maybe some other spot not clearly identified in the 3-4 set.  I am simply guessing what I think they will do.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head, although I think Luvu and Smith could play inside or out.  I'd rather keep Luvu inside (savvy veteran) and let the youngster Smith chase the QB.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Tuttle can play across the line, but I want a hoss in the middle, he's not big enough. Also Tuttle is essentially just a two year stop-gap. McCall has the size, but can he play there?  Roy can't play it-- he doesn't have the anchor.  Dude got pushed around as a 3-tech.

Me too on all counts. Roy will probably not make the team without his boy here.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

You pretty much hit the nail on the head, although I think Luvu and Smith could play inside or out.  I'd rather keep Luvu inside (savvy veteran) and let the youngster Smith chase the QB.

Gonna be interesting to see how our defense uses the personnel.  I am struggling to get a clear image of Chinn, Luvu, and YGM--and now the DT situation you present makes perfect sense.

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Gonna be interesting to see how our defense uses the personnel.  I am struggling to get a clear image of Chinn, Luvu, and YGM--and now the DT situation you present makes perfect sense.

It wouldn't shock me if they ask Chinn to add more weight and become a permanent LB.  I think we get too caught up in Jeremy "wasting" his talents as just a LB since he's got coverage ability.  I mean, with Woods and Bell, the safety position is on lock down.  Being just the big nickle is limiting Chinn, IMO.

28 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I see Luvu and Smith as OLB that can play inside a little.  I would like a true ILB like Jack Cambell.  

• Pie 1