• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lamar Jackson requests trade

TheSpecialJuan

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

This my last post on Lamar. People on this board just don't like him. I have to accept that.

Apparently winning 75% of your games with shitty weapons just don't matter. YOU TRASH ASS BUM ASS DUMB ASS LAMAR JACKSON!

Yeah... That's not the case at all.

The reality is you don't know what you're talking about, and it's obvious. Again though, that really isn't a big deal until you run around telling other people you know more than they do.

You don't. Hence why you'd be way better off listening instead of talking.

13 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He will be 33 when the season starts. He's seen his best days and was already declining because of age.

It's kind of hard to take you serious because you're not making any bit of since. So Lamar Jackson who is 26 is about to decline while the 33 year old Thielen is about to have his best years of football.lol

Im always due for a good laugh on The Huddle.

Again, never said he's about to have his best years.

His 3 year contract has cap hits each year of 3, 10, and 8, where his last 4 years he made 14, 10, 11, and 14. We're not paying for peak Thielen and not expecting him to have his best years.

Last year Thielen had 70 catches (45 first downs), 716 yards, and 6 TDs, he's not much of a downfield WR anymore, but he also was never a player who succeeded because of his athleticism, he did it on his knowledge of the game and perfect technique.  He's going to be more of Greg Olsen to Cam for the Rookie than Hurst will be, he will be the ultimate 5-10 yard safety valve option for him.

You make it seem like wanting to pay WR 2 money to Thielen who has less of an injury history than Lamar, even at his older age, but not wanting to pay the obscene cost to get and then sign Lamar as mutually exclusive things.  

If you can't see the difference in a slow decline of a WR that you're going to ask to be your Slot and the risk of the combination of trade/contract/injury history of Lamar, then I don't know what to say.

Just the fact that you can't see that and think people are laughing at my arguments and not yours, is picture perfect irony in itself.

• Pie 1

The fact about Lamar is that if he was so sure in his play aging gracefully he would have accepted the deal already. So he wants to ravens to comprise on something he knows he’s not confident in.

I think highly of Lamar but even I know he has his major limitations in his passing abilities 

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's typical of QBs who go on to win the SB for the first time. He won a playoff game and he is 14th of all active QB in playoff pass attempts in the playoffs. Flacco, Foles, and Dalton are on that list and they no longer start with 2 of them winning SBs. So, 10 QBs with more playoff experience, and you are expecting what QB to start of the Panthers?

The QBs you think are good must be QBs who have gone on to win SBs? Well, those QBs don't win for other teams unless they are 40 year old GOAT QBs.

I will not be surprised if Lamar is the Panthers target after they leverage the draft and offset the expensive cost to acquire Lamar.

2 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Lamar's ham-fisted approach to contract negotiations is largely responsible for where he finds himself today.  It should be a cautionary tale for professional athletes going forward.

It's a much longer time frame, but this is very similar to how things went with Norman except for Gettleman rescinding the tag and getting nothing in compensation. A highly inexperienced "agent" negotiating a monster contract against professional NFL contract negotiators. It was never going to go well. 

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah... That's not the case at all.

The reality is you don't know what you're talking about, and it's obvious. Again though, that really isn't a big deal until you run around telling other people you know more than they do.

You don't. Hence why you'd be way better off listening instead of talking.

We've been through this before...

Personally, getting Lamar with the way this team is constructed, you’re winning the NFC hands down and I’d do that over selecting an unproven QB.

Lamar needed an agent, that’s clear but the Ravens had every opportunity to lock up Lamar BEFORE the Watson contract even existed. I can’t blame Lamar for wanting more than the Watson contact, he’s flat out better.

The owners may collude together to try and thwart these fully guaranteed contracts but it just takes 1 out of 31 billionaires who says fug it i want my team to compete for a Super Bowl

Lamar Jackson on this currently constructed team puts Carolina as the #1 team in the NFC

• Pie 1

19 hours ago, BriceYung9 said:

I feel he's trying to psyche himself out and say it's not the money, it's the principal. He thinks winning MVP equates to higher payday and more long term security than others in the same position that haven't. 

MVP should have led to an agent (not momma) saying Lamar is not playing in 2021 for $2M. He should have had 2 years of $35M a piece before even looking for the extension. That’s set for NFL life type money regardless of injury.

40 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

Personally, getting Lamar with the way this team is constructed, you’re winning the NFC hands down and I’d do that over selecting an unproven QB.

Lamar needed an agent, that’s clear but the Ravens had every opportunity to lock up Lamar BEFORE the Watson contract even existed. I can’t blame Lamar for wanting more than the Watson contact, he’s flat out better.

The owners may collude together to try and thwart these fully guaranteed contracts but it just takes 1 out of 31 billionaires who says fug it i want my team to compete for a Super Bowl

Lamar Jackson on this currently constructed team puts Carolina as the #1 team in the NFC

The Ravens were happy to let him play for $2M and then 5th year ($15-17M). I agree that they should have been smart and worked those two year into an extension at $30-35M a year knowing new TV deals were coming up. That said, the injuries cost them two playoffs (could have made it further and wouldn’t have missed playoffs) in 2021/2022. Now things are different.

1 hour ago, TheBigKat said:

You would dismiss the Eagles and 49ers to just average teams so easily? I don't know that we'd be instant SB favorites. That contract and loss of picks would mean gaping holes at some critical positions over the next few years, not to mention it ignores missing significant playing time the past 2 seasons to even warrant a massive guaranteed contract. 

I don't think the owners are colluding at all. Lamar has dealt with his career from a monetary standpoint very poorly since draft day. His own ignorance is being taken advantage of and rightly so. This is the business side of the NFL and in this area, he's been no MVP.