• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King: Panthers have no interest in trading #1 pick

TheSpecialJuan

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hope this means that we're completely sold on "our guy" and we've made our choice.

I get the feeling it more likely means nobody (specifically the Texans) is offering much of anything.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

44 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

There's basically only one team you can trade with, unless you really like Richardson, so this doesn't come as a surprise.

True but so many people thought we’d be able to get pick 12 just to move back one and pick CJ. Of course Houston would tell us who they are picking. I never understood why Houston would do that. We couldn’t trade with anyone else because then we are taking QB3.

2 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

I have a gut feeling Young is the guy.  

It means nothing. It's likely that other teams have Stroud number 1 too.  This would only make sense if Houston was the only one calling about that pick.  If we eliminated Houston from the potential of trading up...which they likely wouldn't be interested anyway it means that both Stroud and Young would be gone by pick number 3.  If we spoke to Houston and wanted assurances of who they were going after why would that trade even happen...would be absolutely stupid on Houston's part.

20 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

It means nothing. It's likely that other teams have Stroud number 1 too.  This would only make sense if Houston was the only one calling about that pick.  If we eliminated Houston from the potential of trading up...which they likely wouldn't be interested anyway it means that both Stroud and Young would be gone by pick number 3.  If we spoke to Houston and wanted assurances of who they were going after why would that trade even happen...would be absolutely stupid on Houston's part.

What means nothing, my gut? How dare you

• Pie 1