• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breer's latest: Two QB tiers

Mr. Scot

12 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Richardson's talent level is off the charts but drafting him ahead of Young or Stroud would take gigantic balls and there's a good chance it goes wrong. Then again, if he has what it takes and develops... oh wee mayne. You could be passing on a great one.

I'm honestly glad it's not my call. I can fully understand the arguments for and against all of these guys. I think Young is the best QB right now. I think Stroud is probably the safest pick. Richardson is the grand slam or embarrassing strikeout. I honestly can't see that one going any other way.

He kind of gives me Casey at the Bat vibes. It's gonna be a monstrous home run or a monumental strike out. 

13 hours ago, t96 said:

yeah this has been fairly obvious for a while now, despite all the pre-draft chatter. AR has Josh Allen upside but probably a better chance he busts like The Golden Calf of Bristol rather than meets that potential plus even if he does live up to the hype it'll almost certainly be a few years. And Levis has Zach Wilson or Josh Rosen written all over him. Upside is maybe Herbert who is solid but not a top tier franchise guy.

Stroud's upside is Burrow who is top tier (well not counting Mahomes who is on another planet). Young's upside is prime Russell if he can stay healthy, maybe even better. And both their floors are much higher than the other 2 guys. Tough decision between those 2 but Levis/AR just aren't even in the conversation. Just due dilligence.

Levis' ceiling is Stafford IMO.  Both gunslingers with accuracy concerns coming into the league.

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

He kind of gives me Casey at the Bat vibes. It's gonna be a monstrous home run or a monumental strike out. 

This is momentum now of talk that the falcons are taking a hard look at richardson.   I really hope that doesnt happen and he goes to the afc or outside of our division on the oft chance that he hits big. 

17 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

This is momentum now of talk that the falcons are taking a hard look at richardson.   I really hope that doesnt happen and he goes to the afc or outside of our division on the oft chance that he hits big. 

I’m not sure he makes it past the Colts at 4.

14 hours ago, Wolfcop said:

“Young’s performance was as good as it gets"  

Not at the pro day it wasn't. I know that's not what you base your decision on, but he missed on deep balls several times. Stroud missed a few as well, but his pro day was more impressive. 

Young’s ProDay he did miss on the deep balls but he over threw the receiver which far better than under throwing. 

Stroud is so natural letting the ball flick off his wrist but the receivers were slowing down a bit when catching the deep balls. Those would not be completions in the NFL. 

Regardless, is it a tough call between Young and Stroud.