• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quick: Tepper not pulling the strings

Mr. Scot

It's so crazy to imagine it any other way. 

Owner - pays the bills and has input in decisions, but does not decide per se

GM - key decision maker. walks the tightrope between coaching/players/personnel (Reich, coordinators, players), the directors and behind the scenes guys (Morgan, Suleimann, etc.) and the Owner

HC - runs the on-field product and runs up to the GM his vision/requests/design needs. Works hand-in-hand with GM and has input into decisions.

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, Soul Rebel said:

It's so crazy to imagine it any other way. 

Owner - pays the bills and has input in decisions, but does not decide per se

GM - key decision maker. walks the tightrope between coaching/players/personnel (Reich, coordinators, players), the directors and behind the scenes guys (Morgan, Suleimann, etc.) and the Owner

HC - runs the on-field product and runs up to the GM his vision/requests/design needs. Works hand-in-hand with GM and has input into decisions.

In the vast majority of successful NFL franchises, this is exactly how it works.

And yeah, it does sound like Tepper wound up eating a healthy dose of humble pie after his first few years in the league.

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hope she's right. Let the football folks decide. Hopefully he's like a lot of the Huddle who would be happy with whoever these guys land on. There's a sizeable Stroud contingent, a sizeable Young contingent, and then a large contingent of "please god just let whoever we draft be great" contingent.

I'm willfully choosing to believe the majority fall in that third category lol.

15 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hope she's right. Let the football folks decide. Hopefully he's like a lot of the Huddle who would be happy with whoever these guys land on. There's a sizeable Stroud contingent, a sizeable Young contingent, and then a large contingent of "please god just let whoever we draft be great" contingent.

You forgot the "please god just don't let it be Levis or Richardson and I'm good" contigent. That would be me lol Honestly would be fine with either Stroud or Young. I think both are going to be really good at the next level.

• Pie 1

Just now, Castavar said:

You forgot the "please god just don't let it be Levis or Richardson and I'm good" contigent. That would be me lol Honestly would be fine with either Stroud or Young. I think both are going to be really good at the next level.

I'd be fine with Richardson too. I wouldn't have the guts to make that pick though. If we take Richardson that would mean our very experienced QB coaching staff thinks he has what it takes and that they can develop him into an elite NFL QB and given his off the charts talent that would be exciting as hell.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd be fine with Richardson too. I wouldn't have the guts to make that pick though. If we take Richardson that would mean our very experienced QB coaching staff thinks he has what it takes and that they can develop him into an elite NFL QB and given his off the charts talent that would be exciting as hell.

I would be fine with Richardson too.......................at our previous pick at 9. No way in hell you trade up to #1 to take a project. I would be livid honestly.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Just now, Castavar said:

I would be fine with Richardson too.......................at our previous pick at 9. No way in hell you trade up to #1 to take a project. I would be livid honestly.

Josh Allen looked worse against far worse competition and if that draft was redone today he'd be the slam dunk #1 overall pick.

• Pie 3

44 minutes ago, MrBubba said:

I would imagine if Reich and Fitt are on same page, Tepper agrees.  However if they split on choice Tepper might get involved.  

I'm not sure they'd need him to.

They've got Morgan, Caldwell, Brown, Capers and several other voices on staff more qualified to offer input than Tepper.