• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Insights from the Pro Day Tour

Mr. Scot

Thanks for posting. I understand the whole bias thing being referenced here because I personally thought of Stroud as 1A and Young as 1B. However, I am starring to get the sense that they favor Young, as has many of the people in the media. So now I am starting to warm up to the idea of Young more and more.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

I am sure glad the prior coaching staff is not making this decision. Having guys like Thomas, Caldwell, Staley, and Reich make the decision should give every Panthers fan confidence that they will get it right and surround this young QB with the right talent. 

Edited by thennek
  • Pie 6

2 minutes ago, panther4life said:

I understand the whole bias thing being referenced here because I personally thought of Stroud as 1A and Young as 1B. However, I am starring to get the sense that they favor Young, as has many of the people in the media. So now I am starting to warm up to the idea of Young more and more.

I honestly don't know that anybody on the outside has a true idea who the Panthers like best.

The discussions that are going on inside the building are way way deeper than anything you'll hear any of us talking about.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Good stuff in this thread. Well worth reading. Building the camaraderie in the staff stands out to me. A cohesive staff that operates on mutual respect has a very good chance of exceeding expectations of success through collaboration rather than through the “tried and true” competition mindset that absolutely permeates high performance organizations.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

I haven't read all of that yet. I plan to, but bringing up similarities between what we're doing and what san fran did leading up to their drafting of Trey Lance is the ultimate buzz kill.

I'll read more later...maybe

Heh 😄

To be fair though, similarity of method doesn't necessarily mean similarity of outcome.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Moorgan said:

Good stuff in this thread. Well worth reading. Building the camaraderie in the staff stands out to me. A cohesive staff that operates on mutual respect has a very good chance of exceeding expectations of success through collaboration rather than through the “tried and true” competition mindset that absolutely permeates high performance organizations.

I really don't think people give that idea enough weight.

Football staffs are people too. At some point in our lives, all of us have probably worked with somebody we couldn't stand. That happens to these guys too.

Throw in that this staff wasn't put together from a bunch of people who have all worked together before. They're still getting to know each other, learning their personalities, etc.

You certainly hope it's smooth sailing, but there are times...

• Pie 2

Amazing what a TEAM effort can do as opposed to a dictator. Funny that a certain someone preached about CULTURE for the past few years yet this is the first article I’ve read in some time that proves culture as opposed to it just being a catchphrase 

• Pie 4