• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Insights from the Pro Day Tour

Mr. Scot

38 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Worth noting that the 49ers did this same sort of thing a few years back. John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan agreed to not discuss their preferences until all the evaluation work was done. When that time came, both of them had settled on Trey Lance as their guy.

This is surprising, especially now that they seem to be shopping Trey in favor of Purdy.

1 minute ago, Moorgan said:

This is surprising, especially now that they seem to be shopping Trey in favor of Purdy.

I've seen a lot of speculation from both fans and media that these days, Assistant GM Adam Peters is the real GM rather than Lynch. Some have even suggested that the 49ers might dump Lynch to keep from losing Peters

Lynch doesn't really have any background in personnel evaluation. Granted he's got more real world football experience than Marty Hurney did, but still...

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

But it is an unintentional warning that this could potentially blow up in our faces.

There's a good chance of that happening no matter which guy they select.  There's a good chance that only 1 of the 4 qb's they are looking at will be worth what we gave up. Let's hope that's the one we pick. There's an equally good chance that the best qb in the draft may not be either of these 4 qb's. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've seen a lot of speculation from both fans and media that these days, Assistant GM Adam Peters is the real GM rather than Lynch. Some have even suggested that the 49ers might dump Lynch to keep from losing Peters

Lynch doesn't really have any background in personnel evaluation. Granted he's got more real world football experience than Marty Hurney did, but still...

I saw Lynch’s comments today at the owner’s meeting and he named Purdy the starter and basically said Trey needs to want it more but they’re happy to have him on their team right now.

I came away from those comments thinking they’re either trying to light a fire directly under his ass or they’re shopping him.

1 minute ago, Moorgan said:

I saw Lynch’s comments today at the owner’s meeting and he named Purdy the starter and basically said Trey needs to want it more but they’re happy to have him on their team right now.

I came away from those comments thinking they’re either trying to light a fire directly under his ass or they’re shopping him.

From Albert Breer...

49ers GM John Lynch revealing that Brock Purdy is positioned to be the team’s starter when he returns to health is hardly surprising, But it isn’t a great commentary on where San Francisco stands on Trey Lance, two years after moving three first-round picks to get the former North Dakota State star.

Coming out, Lance was seen as having tremendous intangibles. We’ll see if those show up in how he handles the challenge of making the quarterback decision harder on the Niners.

Link

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

I believe Shanahans arrogance that he can mold any QB bit him in the arse. Be the same gamble if we took AR 

What's happening with Lance now is one of the reasons why I strongly dislike the idea of taking a guy based on his athleticism rather than his actual quarterback skills.

• Pie 3

41 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

I believe Shanahans arrogance that he can mold any QB bit him in the arse. Be the same gamble if we took AR 

That would make him epic moron as well. Why trade up if you can mold any QB?

18 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Had it been Rhule making the selection it would be a quarantined miss, 100% guaranteed. 

I wouldn't bet on us ever getting it but I would love to get a long, thorough look behind the scenes of Rhule's tenure.

Gotta believe there's some wild stories to be told 😆

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, panther4life said:

Thanks for posting. I understand the whole bias thing being referenced here because I personally thought of Stroud as 1A and Young as 1B. However, I am starring to get the sense that they favor Young, as has many of the people in the media. So now I am starting to warm up to the idea of Young more and more.

I keep telling ppl that listening to Scott Fitterer when he talks abt Young will give u a pretty clear idea of who he wants. That goes all the way back to November…

he is pretty upfront with what he thinks.

I have no idea who Reich wants, but I’m 100% sure Fitterer wants Bryce. 

whether we actually draft Bryce, I don’t know, but I know that the GM wants him.