• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Wonderlic?

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, bythenbrs said:

Will respectfully disagree.  ‘Reading’ a defense correctly in real time is pattern recognition, which is tightly linked to mathematical aptitude and overall intelligence.  I have no idea if Luke ever took the Wonderlic or his score if he did but, I would bet you dinner at a high end steak house that Luke would measure and test in the upper decile for pattern recognition, math aptitude and general intelligence.  

In any event, this doesn’t contradict your comments on football ‘instincts’, which some might alternately call ‘situational awareness’.  Great players have great ‘instincts’, no matter how that is defined.  Cheers.

Luke's was pretty high at 34 compared to average LB score of 19.

https://wonderlictestpractice.com/nfl-wonderlic-scores/

Bobby Wagner got an 8 on it though which is terrible and he's still a likely hall of famer and very good at processing offenses (not Luke level but definitely the 2nd best ILB behind Luke in their career timeframe).

There are plenty of factors in the scores though, many guys go into it without preparing at all or thinking about it as there are way more important parts of the process they are preparing for. Tests like this are partly a measure of how well you prepped for that type of test. I've taken a few like it for the air force. I'm guessing Wagner fits that category and if he even prepared a bit in the week leading up to it his score would be much better.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

BY, allegedly, performed well on this. 

I wonder if Stroud and Young's numbers will be released. Could be another component to add to the "pros/cons" list when digesting which prospect to choose. 

I'm sure Decker is big on this...could also see Brown as a big analytics guy too.