• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Zero Jerseys

Mr. Scot

3 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Another odd one

Not a fan of this one, surprised the NFLPA didn't push back against this

Makes it tougher for vets who are cut for money purposes sign on with a team before the season starts.  Often times you see teams cut those players earlier in the offseason to help them out so they can find a new home.

This likely means teams hang onto those players longer in case of other injuries, could see a lot of useful vets get cut right before the season starts now.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Not a fan of this one, surprised the NFLPA didn't push back against this

Makes it tougher for vets who are cut for money purposes sign on with a team before the season starts.  Often times you see teams cut those players earlier in the offseason to help them out so they can find a new home.

This likely means teams hang onto those players longer in case of other injuries, could see a lot of useful vets get cut right before the season starts now.

Yeah, I wonder how many teams will still start doing cut downs before the final deadline. I'm guessing there's only a handful of guys for each team that are actually super tough decisions on who to keep or not. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah, I wonder how many teams will still start doing cut downs before the final deadline. I'm guessing there's only a handful of guys for each team that are actually super tough decisions on who to keep or not. 

I've got to think the only cut downs that will happen early are guys who are just garbage, or long time vets on a team where the team wants to do them a solid by giving them time to find a new player.

The old cut down timelines was why you'd see vets usually cut earlier in the process, when a team had to make cuts anyways, so they cut someone they knew they would eventually have to, and did it so they could find a new team.

Now that teams don't HAVE to do the cuts throughout the process, can't see many situations where they want to help the players out by cutting them early.

• Pie 1

I remember players rarely used #1 before Cam. Warren Moon of course did a few decades before Cam and a couple other QBs wore it for a year or two, but that was just something you didn't do. Cam made it ok. 

I'm sure there will be some flavor for wearing 0, but people will get over it and used to it.

I have no problems with the 0 jersey. I DO have a problem with kickers wearing 90's digits however. It looks stupid and the reason I can't stand the college free-for-all jersey numbers.  Historically saved for 300+ pound D-lineman and some 175 pound placekicker trots out wearing #99, smh.

Still not a fan of LBs and DBs wearing single digits either.

Edited by 45catfan