• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Films: Kuechly one step ahead

Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Never blamed Kuechly for stepping away when he did. hated to see it, but I understood his reasons.

I know some went kinda crazy about it...

Makes you wonder if those vets saw what was coming with Rhule, seemed like a few stepped away right around that time. I'm not sure how much interaction Luke would have had with Rhule to that point anyways to form an opinion, but it sure seemed like convenient timing for a few guys.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

Being a fan from 2003 onward, he was my favorite player this franchise has ever had. 

We went through 2 decades of elite MLB play and yet Luke set a new standard. 

He was never flashy. Never the big hit guy. Just a text book tackler with the highest football IQ I have ever watched. 

Yeah Luke and Peyton Manning are the 2 highest football IQ players I've seen, that Super Bowl fuging sucked and Peyton's arm was washed by then but it was still a really cool matchup between the 2 greatest on-field coordinators the league has seen. 

Edited by t96
  • Pie 1

Just now, t96 said:

Yeah Luke and Peyton Manning are the 2 highest football IQ players I've seen, that Super Bowl fuging sucked and Peyton's arm was washed by then but it was still a really cool matchup against the 2 greatest on-field coordinators the league has seen. 

It was amazing. He will be hard to overtake in my fandom. 

1 hour ago, The Huddler said:

His career was too short, but look at it this way. We had a perennial All-Pro LB and he was a Panther and still is a Panther for life. Never had to see him in another Jersey.  

I'm still kinda annoyed by TD wearing a different jersey (2 actually). He was so adamant for years he'd never play anywhere else and then boom we don't want him and of course he still felt like he had some left in the tank (he kinda did but not really). I 100% do not blame him but agree about Luke, nice to see him be a career Panther. Also annoyed Cam had to fuging go to that shithole NE, at least he came back here last year. Can't see another team signing him at this point so his last snaps are likely with us.

• Pie 1

Just now, t96 said:

I'm still kinda annoyed by TD wearing a different jersey (2 actually). He was so adamant for years he'd never play anywhere else and then boom we don't want him and of course he still felt like he had some left in the tank (he kinda did but not really). I 100% do not blame him but agree about Luke, nice to see him be a career Panther. Also annoyed Cam had to fuging go to that shithole NE, at least he came back here last year. Can't see another team signing him at this point so his last snaps are likely with us.

its just the reality of it. Look at Favre, Brady, Palmer, Wilson, Darnold and soon to be Rodgers. Its pretty rare a player only plays on 1 team their entire career. 

So it is special that Luke did it. 

17 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

its just the reality of it. Look at Favre, Brady, Palmer, Wilson, Darnold and soon to be Rodgers. Its pretty rare a player only plays on 1 team their entire career. 

So it is special that Luke did it. 

Yeah but most players don't have the organizational heart and soul that TD had with his recovery from 3 acl tears and being the epitome of our motto Keep Pounding. Also, most players don't adamantly say they'll never play for another team like TD did several times before he did wind up playing for 2 other teams. Guys like Brady, Rodgers will say "I hope to be a x,y,z my whole career" but TD was very cut and dry. It is what it is and just the nature of the business but I can't lie it still rubs me the wrong way a bit.

• Pie 2

6 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

Being a fan from 2003 onward, he was my favorite player this franchise has ever had. 

We went through 2 decades of elite MLB play and yet Luke set a new standard. 

He was never flashy. Never the big hit guy. Just a text book tackler with the highest football IQ I have ever watched. 

The Raiders game his rookie year was when I became a fan. He got pissed for being erroneously called for an illegal hit. He absolutely took over that game. He was laying out dudes left and right. To watch him dissect plays and chase down ball carriers was a delight. Broke my heart when he had to hang it up.

Edited by Prowler2k18

8 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Never blamed Kuechly for stepping away when he did. hated to see it, but I understood his reasons.

I know some went kinda crazy about it...

He put on the tape of Matt Rhule as a college coach and knew there was no time to sacrifice what he had left.

Edited by CLG

6 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

that last play in the clip where he caused the fumble is one of my favorite plays of all time.  I'm pretty sure it came in the preseason, because  I remember a tweet or post from some reporter with the caption "Luke Kuechley is ready for the regular season."

You're correct. It was...

6 hours ago, Samppson said:

Makes you wonder if those vets saw what was coming with Rhule, seemed like a few stepped away right around that time. I'm not sure how much interaction Luke would have had with Rhule to that point anyways to form an opinion, but it sure seemed like convenient timing for a few guys.

It's definitely a thought...

6 hours ago, t96 said:

Yeah but most players don't have the organizational heart and soul that TD had with his recovery from 3 acl tears and being the epitome of our motto Keep Pounding. Also, most players don't adamantly say they'll never play for another team like TD did several times before he did wind up playing for 2 other teams. Guys like Brady, Rodgers will say "I hope to be a x,y,z my whole career" but TD was very cut and dry. It is what it is and just the nature of the business but I can't lie it still rubs me the wrong way a bit.

Panthers moved on from TD, not the other way around. Same with Cam who you mentioned in your previous post. Be mad at the organization not the player. In fact, the release of Cam was the first of many blunders by that dipshit Rhule. Should have let him play out the last year of his contract for just $20m. If he still had “it” and his shoulder was good, great we still have a franchise QB. If not, great we might have been in a position to draft one in 2021 or possibly been more open to trading up for Justin Herbert since we wouldn’t have signed Bridgewater, or maybe have taken a harder look at Jalen Hurts.