• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fitterer on the trade

NAS

31 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Nice to have a group of guys with an actual plan on how to succeed. Rhule was throwing poo at the wall from day one hoping someone would make him look good. 

I’m just watching what is happening now, compared the last 3 years, and wondering to myself how the hell David Tepper allowed Matt Rhule to coach an NFL franchise. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

36 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Nice to have a group of guys with an actual plan on how to succeed. Rhule was throwing poo at the wall from day one hoping someone would make him look good. 

It feels really good to have the coaching staff to put a quality project on the field.  For years to come too.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

33 minutes ago, ThPantherFan said:

It feels really good to have the coaching staff to put a quality project on the field.  For years to come too.

He talked how respected Frank Reich is and is the main reason these assistants signed on, they all like him

• Beer 1

46 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I’m just watching what is happening now, compared the last 3 years, and wondering to myself how the hell David Tepper allowed Matt Rhule to coach an NFL franchise. 

At least he looks to have learned from it. I'll give him props for that after a big mistake early in his ownership.

• Pie 4

4 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

it even goes back to Fox/Ron with Hurney. They never seemed to use FA to set us up for a draft. Just tried to get cute with the draft and ended up filling out roster a bunch of scrubs who didn’t even complete their rookie contracts. Fitt showing what an amateur Hurney was.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

The important thing is he learned. A large reactionary group on the huddle were convinced he was one of the worst owners in the NFL and had no clue what he was doing and was too stubborn to change. They were wrong though and Tepper deserves credit for doing things the right way this time and letting the football people in the building call the shots. That bodes well going forward. The last few years were truly terrible. Hopefully they were just growing pains and now we are set for a lot of fun in the coming years.

The coaching staff change was a correct championship move, but the roster building strategy for a team without any foundation/culture (if trading up for the #1 pick and taking a QB) has never proven to be successful in the NFL over 6 decades. Glad they have a couple 28+ proven receiving options to pair with any QB they choose. Going to need a top 10 defense for a few seasons at the least to cover for a young QB to even have a shot at the playoffs.

Someone always has to be first though for the fans who hang their hat on hope. Said the same thing for Gettleman, Rhule, and now Fitt. I like Reich, but with the roster building if it goes the way most people are cheering for, odds are a #1 pick QB will be the end for Reich and a second coaching staff will have to take the developed QB (if good) the rest of the way.