• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

RAANTA back, Kocherkov back to AHL

DavidEng

On 3/29/2023 at 3:00 PM, KingKucci said:

Kooche just needs more time and work.  Last night was the worst ive seen him play

honestly for the best that he's now seen some struggles too. things were going too good too early. that he's had the setback/adversity will help reset both sides expectations to not fire it up too early in his career.  It's good that he's getting experience in moments where we need him and we can help.  When we have a healthy 1-2 of Raanta and Freddie though, it's important to remember that Pyotr having more time in Chicago is only helpful to the future cause

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, backINblack28 said:

it's important to remember that Pyotr having more time in Chicago is only helpful to the future cause

Not to mention the Canes are basically stuck with him as both Raanta and Andersen are UFAs in a couple months and there has been no mention of new contracts for either of them.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Anybodyhome said:

Not to mention the Canes are basically stuck with him as both Raanta and Andersen are UFAs in a couple months and there has been no mention of new contracts for either of them.

Doesn't mean we can't sign a UFA from somewhere else. I think we're going to take it pretty easy with those negotiations considering the injury history both before they got here and after.  We'll either get one of them cheap or both are gone

• Pie 1

Koochie needs more time for sure, to me it's almost like he needs to work on the fundamentals skill wise.  We also need our goalie coach(es) at the NHL and AHL levels to even out his temperament.

I like he has emotion, but he's a little over the top at the moment.  He needs to dial it down a notch and grow up a little more.

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

Koochie needs more time for sure, to me it's almost like he needs to work on the fundamentals skill wise.  We also need our goalie coach(es) at the NHL and AHL levels to even out his temperament.

I like he has emotion, but he's a little over the top at the moment.  He needs to dial it down a notch and grow up a little more.

They go hand in hand. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

This: "He needs to dial it down a notch and grow up a little more."

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1