• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 NFL mock draft: Jordan Reid's seven-round predictions and picks

weyco2000

7 minutes ago, Gash said:

Bama fan here. Not a fan of this pick. Not physical enough for the NFL and never played up to what other Tide LBs have in the past.

Yeah, but as a 4th rounder he would probably be ST’s/depth type player. So not really a high risk pick 

This mock gets better and better as you go down the list.

Everyone's down on Carter because the production slipped last year when he was asked to be the guy. That won't be the case here, and it'll give him time to develop.

I love the Henry To'oTo'o pick. I think he has the potential to be special with more coaching. The kid has all the tools to be great. He basically is a more refined/polished Brandon Smith. The two of them growing together would be great.

1 hour ago, KBRed said:

Would love to trade back with our second to pick up more picks. This draft seems heavy in our areas of need. 

Yeah it’s definitely tempting, but remember we don’t have a first pick next year and getting value at 39 is crucial. Honestly, trading up this year late in the first might be the way to go.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, ChuckWag78 said:

This mock gets better and better as you go down the list.

Everyone's down on Carter because the production slipped last year when he was asked to be the guy. That won't be the case here, and it'll give him time to develop.

I love the Henry To'oTo'o pick. I think he has the potential to be special with more coaching. The kid has all the tools to be great. He basically is a more refined/polished Brandon Smith. The two of them growing together would be great.

Yeah, I definitely agree! Our current staff will so much better developing talent. 

3 hours ago, Moorgan said:

I hope we don’t take the guy from Army. Not interested in that guy.

Yeah, that seems like a major reach in the 3rd round. I get that he has good measurables but he didn't really do much of anything in terms of actual product. At Army.

Late round flier? Okay. I can get onboard with that. Top 100 pick? Nah.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Another thing on Carter, I do believe there's something to be said about being a second generation player. Growing up around the game, watching your father play, and already coming in with an understanding of what it takes to be successful in the NFL is huge.

These kids have massive leg up on the competition just based on that familiarity.