• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson Pro Day

OldhamA

So it's Anthony Richardson's Pro Day tomorrow (Thursday 30 March).

I gather the Panthers contingent has flown out today from the NFL meetings in Phoenix to meet him for dinner this evening. 

What are we expecting from his Pro Day? What could he do to elevate himself into the conversation for #1 overall?

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, bythenbrs said:

I was leaning Richardson when we were at 9 but, not at 1.  I think on a longer time horizon and with the right coaching staff, he can be a really special player.  

Isn't this coaching staff, with their centuries of experience, the right staff to develop Richardson?

• Pie 8

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

Isn't this coaching staff, with their centuries of experience, the right staff to develop Richardson?

Why, yes, they are.  Could they get him ready to start by year 2?  Maybe.  Year 3 more likely but, what do I know.  Young and Stroud look much more ready to start this season.

I think if you look at the FA moves, I think we are be set up to ‘win now’ or ‘win sooner, not later’; not in 3 years.  

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

Why, yes, they are.  Could they get him ready to start by year 2?  Maybe.  Year 3 more likely but, what do I know.  Young and Stroud look much more ready to start this season.

I think if you look at the FA moves, I think we are be set up to ‘win now’ or ‘win sooner, not later’; not in 3 years.  

I don't know if they're the right staff despite the experience. McCown has never coached at this level before and Frank might not have the time to devote to developing someone so raw. That said, the hope is that they are the right staff for any of the QBs.

I think they're trying to "win now" again as well. Hopefully, this time it doesn't bite them in the butt again.

• Flames 1