• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson Pro Day

OldhamA

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He doesn't need to be accurate. QB's like Cam and Lamar have won MVP's despite not being the most accurate of passers. The question is does he have what it takes to be the best QB he can be.

Lamar is 1-4 in the playoffs with an average score of 13.4. what good are MVPs if you can’t win games that matter?

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, Mother Grabber said:

Lamar is 1-4 in the playoffs with an average score of 13.4. what good are MVPs if you can’t win games that matter?

Accuracy is absolutely one of the most important traits a quarterback can have.

Your job isn't to throw it hard. Your job isn't to throw it far. Your job isn't to throw it fast. Your job is to throw it to a spot, and in such a way that your receiver can catch it and make a play.

A lot of analysts and former players will tell you that the "big arm" thing is heavily overrated by fans.

1 minute ago, Mother Grabber said:

Look at Lamar weapons vs the competition.

Put Mahomes, Burrow, Allen on that Baltimore roster and they have that same record or possibly worst.

Burrow has 2 #1 WR's for goodness sake. Your supporting cast matters.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The key is what you can do consistently.

Brett Favre was a guy who could throw a pass that made you go "how the hell did he do that" then follow it up with a pass that made you go "why the hell did he do that".

Tom Brady? Certainly not as exciting a player as Favre, but amazingly consistent.

Gunslingers are certainly more fun to watch, but technicians tend to win more games.

A guy with consistent ball placement like Stroud fits the NFL mold much better.

Super Bowl champion and 3 time MVP Brett Favre?

I'll take that, thanks. 

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The key is what you can do consistently.

Brett Favre was a guy who could throw a pass that made you go "how the hell did he do that" then follow it up with a pass that made you go "why the hell did he do that".

Tom Brady? Certainly not as exciting a player as Favre, but amazingly consistent.

Gunslingers are certainly more fun to watch, but technicians tend to win more games.

A guy with consistent ball placement like Stroud fits the NFL mold much better.

Favre has a super bowl and is a HOF. Il take the gunslinger. Also, those throws weren’t gunslinger, they were anticipation and ball placement, nfl throws. 

21 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Super Bowl champion and 3 time MVP Brett Favre?

I'll take that, thanks. 

14 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Favre has a super bowl and is a HOF. Il take the gunslinger. Also, those throws weren’t gunslinger, they were anticipation and ball placement, nfl throws. 

Favre has one, yes.

How many does Brady have?

Also FYI, I don't give a sh-t about awards. Ron Rivera has two Coach of the Year awards. You want him back?

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, OldhamA said:

Probably, but Richardson is the only one that excites me from this QB Draft class. 

It'll be telling if they arrange a post Pro Day meal or not with him. 

You're not alone so I get it. We'll see where he goes but I doubt it's top 10.  Personally I don't see a 52% college passer becoming a 65% NFL passer. 

A lot of teams have front offices that would love to build a 10 win, 50/50 out on the first playoff game. It's job security. I don't blame the front office if they plan to go with the safest pick. Though it might limit the team to the pre-Burrow Bengals or current Vikings level of play.

Edited by Krovvy

We have the most experienced coaching staff in the league. His favorite player is Cam. We were destined for dude at #9 but taking your time with him is a hard sell when there's options that would play at a high level immediately. 

I don't see it happening but man, would he be exciting. He's the most athletic QB the league has seen and it would mean our staff's confidence is through the roof.

6 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

exactly....his completion percentage in the playoffs is mid 50s. Only win was his good % game.

lamar.png

I have no idea what the team plans.  I do know that looking at AR, due looks like an absolute manimal.  Big, tall, fast, rocket arm.  Looks like a Madden Cheat Code.

But he's not Cam.  Cam played better in his one year of starting at Auburn versus Richardson's lone year as a starter.  That's not to take away from AR's tools, but the reality of the situation is that you can't really compare them.  

Now if the coaching staff feels like they can coach AR into being a franchise QB who can be a high level passer, a guy who can elevate the team and the face of a NFL franchise for 10+ years...  Well, I'm just an idiot fan with a keyboard 😃

We'll have to wait and see what happens.

9 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Accuracy is absolutely one of the most important traits a quarterback can have.

Your job isn't to throw it hard. Your job isn't to throw it far. Your job isn't to throw it fast. Your job is to throw it to a spot, and in such a way that your receiver can catch it and make a play.

A lot of analysts and former players will tell you that the "big arm" thing is heavily overrated by fans.

Agreed, and I don't mean this to come off as Cam slander, but it felt like so many times in his career, Olsen or whoever would make the catch cause the throw was good enough and it goes down as a completion, but had to jump or stop to make a catch. YAC is a receiver stat, but I feel like a large part of it is how good the QB is at placing it in a spot so they don't have to break stride. CJ and Bryce both seem to do this very very well.

Been see-sawing between Young and Stroud but honestly have never been as impressed with Richardson. 
Yes he is very athletic. Yes he has shown traits that could indicate he can be great. 
But his terrible accuracy and the fact he will be coming into a team that will want him to probably start ASAP. 
He has bust written all over him. 
People say trust the coaches if we draft him. As of right now the coaches haven’t done anything to earn my trust. 
But if we do draft Richardson 1st the FO is pretty much putting their jobs on the line. 
2023 season will be very interesting.