• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson Pro Day

OldhamA

9 hours ago, rayzor said:

It doesn't sound like they are interested in drafting someone they can't start right away. They are priming this team to win now.

If they draft him, the goal will be to start him day 1. Dalton is there in case he's not ready, but I think they won't be wanting to let him sit a year. They'd come up with an offense built around what he can and can't do right now and develop him as they go, adding things to the offense as he progresses.

Yep and trying to win now could bite them in the backside. Any rookie QB can bust despite the coaches and system. They would be better off to use this first year to make sure everyone has their feet under them and make sure the rookie QB can handle the game/pressure of being an NFL starter. Then, go win now in year 2. But it seems the patience isn't there for that.

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

53% is abysmal for a college QB. We’re not talking about splitting hairs between high completion %

Again, completion percentage is not just about the QB. Richardson didn't have good receivers in the first place and by the end of the season was throwing to the guys at the bottom of the depth chart. And yeah, Richardson would let his footwork go at times. The dude needs coaching and a better supporting cast.

I saw another post where you mentioned Levis. The difference between the two is that Richardson was a first year starter while Levis was a 5th year multi year starter. Levis should have been a near complete work instead of still being raw compared to Richardson's lump of clay waiting to be molded.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Again, completion percentage is not just about the QB. Richardson didn't have good receivers in the first place and by the end of the season was throwing to the guys at the bottom of the depth chart. And yeah, Richardson would let his footwork go at times. The dude needs coaching and a better supporting cast.

I saw another post where you mentioned Levis. The difference between the two is that Richardson was a first year starter while Levis was a 5th year multi year starter. Levis should have been a near complete work instead of still being raw compared to Richardson's lump of clay waiting to be molded.

I mean if you’re going to post at least be accurate. Levis was a two year starter at Kentucky. Never started at Penn State. Let’s just hope we stay away from both and take Young or Stroud 

10 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Yep and trying to win now could bite them in the backside. Any rookie QB can bust despite the coaches and system. They would be better off to use this first year to make sure everyone has their feet under them and make sure the rookie QB can handle the game/pressure of being an NFL starter. Then, go win now in year 2. But it seems the patience isn't there for that.

i think that Young and Stroud are both good to go as a starter on day 1, or at least it seems they would be.

AR...i think it depends on how he was used. Might be best to have him in situationally and eventually in the first season. he gets compared to Cam a lot, but Cam was ready to go day 1 for sure. that's just not AR. not yet. i think the intelligence is there for sure. it's just the playing experience he's lacking.

• Beer 1

30 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

I mean if you’re going to post at least be accurate. Levis was a two year starter at Kentucky. Never started at Penn State. Let’s just hope we stay away from both and take Young or Stroud 

Multi is more than one. Two is more than one. What's not accurate about that? The one thing I was wrong about was him being a fifth year senior. I got him confused with the other older QBs. Levis only played four years in college.

53 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Non of the contracts have been win now contracts..

Now going and getting an OBJ type diva would suggest that but not so far. At least that's the analysis I've seen so far regarding our signings.

13 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Multi is more than one. Two is more than one. What's not accurate about that? The one thing I was wrong about was him being a fifth year senior. I got him confused with the other older QBs. Levis only played four years in college.

He was in college for 5 years. Redshirt freshman year at Penn state in 2018. 

• Beer 1