• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young 'absolutely blew away' HC Frank Reich when talking football

Dorian Gray

3 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

Only as long as your humor improves. 😉

I grew up in Columbus and became a rabid Ohio State fan.  But while my friends were rooting for Cleveland and Cincinnati in the NFL, I just didn't feel it.  Now I'm 56 and still don't have a team.  I like the NFL but I just couldn't pick a team and then say "Ok, they're my team!".  

For whatever reason, Justin Fields going to Chicago didn't do it for me either.  But CJ Stroud going to Carolina would definitely get me onboard the bandwagon!  Otherwise I can just buy a Patrick Mahomes jersey and claim to be a lifelong Chief's fan.  

dicaprio.jpg.5db2d64a25a17eabd1ff3e3e861f8e72.jpg

• Beer 1

21 minutes ago, Buckeye Homer said:

I grew up in Columbus and became a rabid Ohio State fan.  But while my friends were rooting for Cleveland and Cincinnati in the NFL, I just didn't feel it.  Now I'm 56 and still don't have a team.  I like the NFL but I just couldn't pick a team and then say "Ok, they're my team!".  

For whatever reason, Justin Fields going to Chicago didn't do it for me either.  But CJ Stroud going to Carolina would definitely get me onboard the bandwagon!  Otherwise I can just buy a Patrick Mahomes jersey and claim to be a lifelong Chief's fan.  

dicaprio.jpg.5db2d64a25a17eabd1ff3e3e861f8e72.jpg

Welcome aboard 

• Beer 1

On 3/31/2023 at 12:29 PM, Mr. Scot said:

The question actually came from one of our own.

For context, here's the full question and answer:

From Fid (@RandyFidler): You’re the Panthers’ GM draft day. Who are you selecting and who would you target with the 2nd-round pick to complement?

I think Bryce Young. Everything I’ve heard about Young as a kid is A-plus-plus. His OC from Alabama, Bill O’Brien, told teams in the fall he’s never had a player like Young, and O’Brien coached Tom Brady. Scouts will tell you his accuracy, instincts, pocket movement, football IQ, competitiveness and toughness are all A-plus. I’ve also heard he absolutely blew away Carolina coach Frank Reich when they sat down and talked football.

If he was 6'3" and 220 pounds, there’d be no discussion. He’d be the No. 1 pick. But he’s not, and that is not a cursory issue for teams.

And it could be a problem for Young, too, because C.J. Stroud does have closer-to-prototype size (6'3", 214 pounds) for the position, and brings a lot of what Young does to the table. The questions with him are more on his willingness to run, put his body on the line and create off-schedule—things he actually did flash in his final college game, which happened to be a national semifinal against Georgia.

Ultimately, I think there’s a good chance Stroud will wind up going first, because he’s close enough to Young traits-wise, and you’re well within the scouting guardrails size-wise for a quarterback with him. But I’ve heard enough people call Young special—really special—to the point where it’d be hard for me to pass on him.

Link

If I was 6'3 and 220, I could probably play in the NFL but no, I'm 5"9 165. So, what's their point? Size matters, to your wife and in the NFL. Don't let them lie to you.

• Poo 1

30 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

If I was 6'3 and 220, I could probably play in the NFL but no, I'm 5"9 165. So, what's their point? Size matters, to your wife and in the NFL. Don't let them lie to you.

There's delusional, and then there's this lmao

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1