• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dolphins WR Cedric Wilson on the trading block

musicman

I’m perfectly happy with TMJ as our #3 which he is at this point. I know I’m in the minority here, but I don’t really even seen WR as a need right now. Yeah, Chark could be gone next season and Thielen isn’t getting any younger, but Chark, Thielen, TMJ, Laviska and Shi makes me feel there isn’t a ton of room for another WR. Certainly not in putting draft capital or significant cap space into. Next season? Sure. Right now? I think we need to sure up LB, DE, CB and even OL depth more than another WR

• Pie 2

15 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

We have enough WR 3 talent. Let’s get a young guy in the draft and we are set with who we have.

The top young guys in this draft are all speed and slot guys. If we get a WR in the draft he needs to earn that spot and return kicks.  The later rounds are fine for that kind of contributor. A developmental TE, WR that can push Shi and Shenault and a RB to spell Miles and Chubba are all available on the tail end of the draft. Corners, ILB and Edge are gonna go fast we can't wait around for those. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I’m perfectly happy with TMJ as our #3 which he is at this point. I know I’m in the minority here, but I don’t really even seen WR as a need right now. Yeah, Chark could be gone next season and Thielen isn’t getting any younger, but Chark, Thielen, TMJ, Laviska and Shi makes me feel there isn’t a ton of room for another WR. Certainly not in putting draft capital or significant cap space into. Next season? Sure. Right now? I think we need to sure up LB, DE, CB and even OL depth more than another WR

If TMJ doesn't end up as our WR1, then we have problems.

41 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Does he have to end up as a WR1 this season? This is what I really don’t understand. I think some people are wanting WRs because it’s a sexy position without actually factoring what the teams needs are. WR is not a giant news right now. It was a month ago. But now it’s a pretty solid unit 

• Beer 1

lol no

He wouldn't be an improvement over TMJ or Chark on the outside and Thielen is locked into being our main Slot.  Beyond that I don't know if he's even any better than Laviska, and would rather give Shi any snaps that Wilson would get and then see if he can turn into anything.

Having said all that, I don't like where we're at with what WRs we're giving to a rookie and really want us to do whatever it takes to trade for Hopkins, Sutton, or Jeudy, or do what it takes to move into the back end of the first round again to take a better WR prospect than will fall to us in the 2nd round.

38 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Does he have to end up as a WR1 this season? This is what I really don’t understand. I think some people are wanting WRs because it’s a sexy position without actually factoring what the teams needs are. WR is not a giant news right now. It was a month ago. But now it’s a pretty solid unit 

I don't know, man. I think that we need at least a rookie due to Chark's injury history. He's on a prove-it deal for a reason (and, yes, I know he chose to be because he didn't want a two-year for less than what he considers is his worth). At the moment, he can't be trusted to last a season. If he does, then we probably will be good, but we need some legit insurance in my opinion.

Edited by top dawg

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

Whoa!  We are expecting this?  I mean, he has the pedigree and the physical tools but I don’t remember getting overwhelmed by anything he’s accomplished on the field so far?  What am I missing?

2 hours ago, RenoCarolina said:

Whoa!  We are expecting this?  I mean, he has the pedigree and the physical tools but I don’t remember getting overwhelmed by anything he’s accomplished on the field so far?  What am I missing?

I mean, I'm not necessarily calling it an "expectation" as much I'm calling it a strong desire. I don't know what to expect, but I am keeping my expectations low.

As for TMJ, he has the size, speed and the athleticism to be a beast. He has all these notable coaches to bring out the best in him. If he's not going to markedly up his production this year, he's likely not gonna do it. But he has all the tools, and the opportunity because Moore is gone, and it will be year three.

• Pie 1