• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Inside the NFL leaving CBS/Showtime/Paramount+

PanthersATL

At this point I really don't know why the NFL doesn't just open their own streaming service.

Even if it doesn't include live games (they'll still want that network TV money, for sure) shows like Inside the NFL, NFL Top-10, A Football Life, America's Game, and a huge library of classic NFL Films content would be well worth a $5-$8 per month subscription to many fans.

I'd LOVE to be able to go back and stream past drafts in full as they originally aired, or classic games in their original broadcast format.

Edited by Jay Roosevelt

But the Showtime version got too..... heavy? in its presentation.  Fans tune in to watch the game recaps and some analysis.

But it started to be 10m of opening banter, 5m for game of the week. Then 4 sets of 2m of highlights covering the rest of the games. And inserted inbrtween was (mostly useless) banter between the hosts often talking about newsy stuff. We were lucky if the Panthers made it in the first 45m of the show.

Yes, there are serious off-field topics to discuss.  But it got to the point where it was almost all off-field stuff. Made the concept of the show unwatchable. 

6 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

At this point I really don't know why the NFL doesn't just open their own streaming service.

Even if it doesn't include live games (they'll still want that network TV money, for sure) shows like Inside the NFL, NFL Top-10, A Football Life, America's Game, and a huge library of classic NFL Films content would be well worth a $5-$8 per month subscription to many fans.

I'd LOVE to be able to go back and stream past drafts in full as they originally aired, or classic games in their original broadcast format.

They want to partner/license with someone for their massive content rather than present it themselves

They have the nfl network already, but want others to pay in.   And I'm okay with this.  Spread the love around 

Edited by PanthersATL

1 hour ago, countryboi said:

Just for House of Dragons and Succession alone its worth every dime, but I also get it for free 

Don't forget, ROKU is airing a lot of older/canceled HBO shows **for free, with commercials** starting soon (if not today).

Westworld, The Nevers (which turned super freaky on its premise later, oh my), and others.

• Pie 1

Another thing I hated about the Paramount+ version of Inside the NFL:  no ability to go back and watch (or rewatch) previous episodes.  Maybe it was just me, but it seemed they pulled the previous episode(s) each week when a new one rolled out.

Plus their REW/FF interface is just clunky compared to other streaming services, so it was harder to zip through to watch the one Panthers comment they might have thrown in.

(And yet the ESPN+ sunday night NFL recap show with Berman has even WORSE streaming controls. Yeesh.  But at least ESPN gives the Panthers a reasonable amount of game recap. Usually)

21 hours ago, XClown1986 said:

Yeah since leaving HBO, it has been garbage.

19 hours ago, NAS said:

Back in the day, I used to love it on HBO.  

8 hours ago, Moorgan said:

This thread has a very get off my lawn vibe lol

Call me whatever, but when the show put Michael Irvin followed by Ray Lewis, it just got worse and worse........Then they added Brandon Marshall and I tapped out, even thought he had points at times, but the other side........ AT one point I thought brandon was going throw punches cause of a disagreement......i know his history, but if youre not ready to hear a counter point and youre ready to box cause youre froggy form working out, awful. 

The best part of the was listening in to players talking in-game and during highlights.. The phil simms arguing with Michael Irvin about jets WRs running the wrong routes, wasting my player-mic time.

Been off the DVR for years, god dam shame cause i do miss it. 

Edited by Basbear

22 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

It's basically pointless now with how many Youtube clips and podcasts there are in addition to instant breaking news from Twitter. The NFL Films access is really the only thing they have going for them

Inside the NFL wasnt about breaking news.

I think well produced quality content will always have a place even if on YouTube. Twitter is too full of hacks and not good at anything beyond headlines IMO