• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King: Bryce Young inching closer to Carolina

TheSpecialJuan

I hope that this is planted information designed to create a potential trade with Houston or simply to create surprise at the draft. I believe picking Young will be a colossal mistake. That combine weight was a phoney weight as evidenced by his unwillingness to be weighed at his pro day. Of the five potential fist round QB picks (I include Hooker), Young has the weakest arm and it is not even close.

Start a list of modern day starting NFL QBs that weighed 185 pounds (Jim McMahon (6'1", 195 lbs) in 1982 is the last first-round quarterback over the last 40 years to weigh fewer than 200). When Young starts a game I believe that he will be the only name on that list. Stroud has a much better arm, much better size, had a better QB rating in college, was a more accurate thrower in college even though he threw deep more often, was injured less in college, I believe that Stroud won more games in college than Young, etc,

I am not sure where this idea that Young was the best QB in college last year got started. I doubt the veracity of that assumption. I suppose reasonable people can differ when it comes to who was the best. What really cannot be reasonably argued is that Young does not have severe size disadvantages or that Young has a strong arm compared to other first round QB talent this year. Furthermore, I think Young had two snaps taken under center last year. I believe Stroud had about 200 snaps under center last year.

As a long suffering Panthers fan, my greatest fear is that the team drafts Young who almost immediately gets pounded the culmaltive effect of which will have him sidelined and ultimately gunshy. I saw how Tua was ragdolled last season. Tua is 6'1" and 213 pounds. There are better options available. Success is not guaranteed with any of these prospects. I believe Young's inability to withstand the pounding that he will receive in the NFL is virtually guaranteed. There is reason that no QB in the modern NFL has been as small as Young.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, FakePlasticTrees said:

I hope that this is planted information designed to create a potential trade with Houston or simply to create surprise at the draft. I believe picking Young will be a colossal mistake. That combine weight was a phoney weight as evidenced by his unwillingness to be weighed at his pro day. Of the five potential fist round QB picks (I include Hooker), Young has the weakest arm and it is not even close.

Start a list of modern day starting NFL QBs that weighed 185 pounds (Jim McMahon (6'1", 195 lbs) in 1982 is the last first-round quarterback over the last 40 years to weigh fewer than 200). When Young starts a game I believe that he will be the only name on that list. Stroud has a much better arm, much better size, had a better QB rating in college, was a more accurate thrower in college even though he threw deep more often, was injured less in college, I believe that Stroud won more games in college than Young, etc,

I am not sure where this idea that Young was the best QB in college last year got started. I doubt the veracity of that assumption. I suppose reasonable people can differ when it comes to who was the best. What really cannot be reasonably argued is that Young does not have severe size disadvantages or that Young has a strong arm compared to other first round QB talent this year. Furthermore, I think Young had two snaps taken under center last year. I believe Stroud had about 200 snaps under center last year.

As a long suffering Panthers fan, my greatest fear is that the team drafts Young who almost immediately gets pounded the culmaltive effect of which will have him sidelined and ultimately gunshy. I saw how Tua was ragdolled last season. Tua is 6'1" and 213 pounds. There are better options available. Success is not guaranteed with any of these prospects. I believe Young's inability to withstand the pounding that he will receive in the NFL is virtually guaranteed. There is reason that no QB in the modern NFL has been as small as Young.

Well it is looking like the pick will be between pretty much pinpoint accuracy and scrambler. We need a QB with accuracy as well as move in the pocket which is a Stroud trait. Young holds the ball way too long and scrambles around some and then throw the ball. Both have their own styles but the accuracy is a must have one.

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, FakePlasticTrees said:

I hear ya bud. Just gotta hope that he will become the ultimate outlier of all outliers. It can happen. Right?

• Pie 1

43 minutes ago, FakePlasticTrees said:

"As a long suffering Panthers fan, my greatest fear is that the team drafts Young who almost immediately gets pounded the culmaltive effect of which will have him sidelined and ultimately gunshy. I saw how Tua was ragdolled last season. Tua is 6'1" and 213 pounds.

The YOUNGSTERS don't understand that the dude is headed for carnage they haven't watched enough football. 180-190lbs is too light for the NFL. It's a cool dream Bryce but not worth the price of the experiment.

It's as ridiculous as putting LaMelo Ball in the trenches as a lineman because he's 6'7", but he's only about 190 himself. It could be his dream to play on the offensive line or be a TE, but what are they going to tell him, regardless of skill level?! You'll get killed out there.

Someone save Bryce Young, he's being thrown to the much bigger wolves for the entertainment of the YOUNGSTERS who couldn't care less.

• Pie 1

58 minutes ago, frankw said:

I hear ya bud. Just gotta hope that he will become the ultimate outlier of all outliers. It can happen. Right?

I sure hope the Panthers do not spend multiple draft picks, their best WR, and the overall number 1 pick for the ultimate outlier. That is especially true given that other QB options are available.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, FakePlasticTrees said:

I sure hope the Panthers do not spend multiple draft picks, their best WR, and the overall number 1 pick for the ultimate outlier. That is especially true given that other QB options are available.

After re-watching the lsu tape from Young yesterday he absolutely scares the poo out of me as a prospect, granted its one game but damn he look really bad under duress that game

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1