• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bears close to trading to 2, then to 9 with Carolina moving up to 2: Houston felt comfortable staying at 2 because they are confident Carolina doesn’t take their guy.

Varking

Here is a way people misinterpret the variables--  False statement:  "Reich only likes tall QBs."  QBs average about 6-3, and his QBs were about that.  So you take an average commonality and claim that it is a prerequisite.   MOST QBs are as tall as Rivers, Foles, Ryan, Luck, and Wentz.

However, these QBs stand out more due to their intelligence--football IQ--than their height.   Luck and Wentz are two of the top 10 in terms of the Wonderlic.  Ryan and Rivers are no dummies.  Not sure about Foles, but he seems to understand a variety of playbooks pretty well.

Young has that in common with them.  I would put him in that category--would I put CJ in that category?  Probably not.  Richardson?  nope.  Levis?  Negative.

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Here is a way people misinterpret the variables--  False statement:  "Reich only likes tall QBs."  QBs average about 6-3, and his QBs were about that.  So you take an average commonality and claim that it is a prerequisite.   MOST QBs are as tall as Rivers, Foles, Ryan, Luck, and Wentz.

However, these QBs stand out more due to their intelligence--football IQ--than their height.   Luck and Wentz are two of the top 10 in terms of the Wonderlic.  Ryan and Rivers are no dummies.  Not sure about Foles, but he seems to understand a variety of playbooks pretty well.

Young has that in common with them.  I would put him in that category--would I put CJ in that category?  Probably not.  Richardson?  nope.  Levis?  Negative.

What exactly are you basing this on?

I really would like to see this information that says Stroud and Richardson have rocks for brains.

Edited by frankw
  • Poo 1

22 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

https://www.bleachernation.com/nfl/2023/02/25/one-test-hints-this-qb-class-is-exceptional-packers-coaches-skipping-the-combine-and-other-nfl-bullets/

• What’s more interesting is that Ally revealed a couple of crumbs of information about this year’s draft class. The NFL owns this information (when administered via the pre-draft process), so the scores are private. However, Ally said, “this year is by far and away the best we’ve ever had, score-wise, at the quarterback position.”
Edited by ForJimmy
  • Pie 2

20 minutes ago, frankw said:

What exactly are you basing this on?

I really would like to see this information that says Stroud and Richardson have rocks for brains.

It’s already been stated that this class is “by far the best they seen from the QB class” regarding the S2 test so I’d say the top guys did pretty well.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1