• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kuechly talking Bryce Young

poundaway

55 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Kuechly is essentially saying what all of the 'haters' are saying - his best bet it to become a mini-Brees.

His path to success is dinking and dunking the ball out before pressure gets there. Those highlight plays in College where he scrambles to buy more time are going to get him killed in the NFL.

Y’all act like you never see NFL QBs buying time moving around and out of the pocket. 

Also, wouldn’t you take Drew Brees at #1 if you could have?

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

That's why I said it was accurate.  But if you're trying to argue not to worry about injuries, choosing CMC as your example is not a great choice, even if the nuances of the situation make sense.  Regardless of the reason for his injuries he was barely on the field for multiple seasons for us.

that's kind of the angle i've been looking at it all along. it doesn't matter how small or big you are, injuries can happen. it does make sense, though, that once CMC started bulking up that he started getting the injuries he did. 

what keuchly said, though, was right. guys like Brees and even CMC were able to either avoid being hit or handle being hit so that it had minimal effect on them. Young is like that. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

Y’all act like you never see NFL QBs buying time moving around and out of the pocket. 

Also, wouldn’t you take Drew Brees at #1 if you could have?

With the staff we had at the time, his career would have been over before it began.

Brees didn't really become elite until he was paired with Sean Payton.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Because he's 5'10 and 185 lbs. The 204 was probably water weight and caloric intake unrelated to weight lifting. 

It blows my mind how many people give 0 F's about an NFL QB being the size of a JV HS football player. 

He has undeniable talent, but people are ignoring a HUGE red flag. Durability long term is a real concern. 

Hes not a small QB, he's tiny. He's smaller than most of the people typing on here. 

• Pie 6
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, SetfreexX said:

It blows my mind how many people give 0 F's about an NFL QB being the size of a JV HS football player. 

He has undeniable talent, but people are ignoring a HUGE red flag. Durability long term is a real concern. 

Hes not a small QB, he's tiny. He's smaller than most of the people typing on here. 

another post that should be pinned to the top

25 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

https://www.google.com/search?q=average+size+american+male&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS867US867&oq=average+size+american+male&aqs=chrome.0.0i512j0i22i30l9.3375j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

And nearly 50% are obese. Talking about huddlers, that obsesity rate is probably even higher.

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Panthers are using Luke to "ease up concerns" about Bryce Young, its a wrap

Valid.

3 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

What was Luke's take on the rest of the class?

Also valid.

Would be interested in his take on Stroud. If he want on the air just to talk about Bryce, I agree with SPV; it's a lock we're going with Bryce and this the start of that uniting the fanbase effort that was alluded to earlier this week. No Panthers fan in their right mind is gonna question Luke.