• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is it time to take the Falcons seriously?

Ivory Panther

I think they're making a bad bet on Ridder but their defense should be drastically improved. 

I suppose it's also possible that they just want the rest of the league to be convinced that they're committed to moving forward with Ridder when in reality QB is very much on the board for them at #8 and they don't want someone to leapfrog them.

• Pie 4

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think they're making a bad bet on Ridder but their defense should be drastically improved. 

I suppose it's also possible that they just want the rest of the league to be convinced that they're committed to moving forward with Ridder when in reality QB is very much on the board for them at #8 and they don't want someone to leapfrog them.

I hope these moves are only good enough to keep them away from drafting a top QB next year and be stuck with Ridder. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, stan786 said:

Jesse Bates is great, i'm not sure who else on that list is supposed to be frightening. They'll be good enough to annoy people but i'm not sure they'll be division winning good.

Jessie Bates is actually overrated, heavily. Idk if I’ve said that I’ve watched Bengals games along side Panthers games and he genuinely doesn’t make the impact that you’d think he would with his name. Oddly enough, Vonn was exponentially better.

37 minutes ago, backINblack28 said:

their roster is aggressively mediocre on D. I still see nothing threatening from a skill position group (or OL) that makes me think a toss up at young QB will be able to do much

Their OL was top 5 last year (they just made Lindstrom the highest paid G in the NFL) and they have Pitts, London and Allgeier plus the draft this year. They had the 15th best scoring offense last year with bad qb play from Mariota. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Those are bigger names than talents at this point. I would say they'll hover near .500 but I don't see them as a threat to win the division, certainly not with their QB situation which isn't getting fixed this year. 

• Pie 3