• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is it time to take the Falcons seriously?

Ivory Panther

9 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

And good players. Good Coaching only takes you so far. The same with good players. You need a good mix of both. 

I agree, but the players we have is who we have. We will have better, even or worse players than our opponents. Hopefully our coaching will win out. Coaching isn't just about coaching the game but relating to the players and getting to play above their potentials.

2 minutes ago, PantherPhann89 said:

I agree, but the players we have is who we have. We will have better, even or worse players than our opponents. Hopefully our coaching will win out. Coaching isn't just about coaching the game but relating to the players and getting to play above their potentials.

Good Coaching can make decent players better. It cannot however, make bad players good.

Good players can win with bad coaching, but you need a poo ton of talent to do so.

I think you are undervaluing our talent level. But hey, there are a whole lot of Huddlers who are doing the same thing. That's fine and all. But, don't come running to me if we start winning games and have a good season and all.

1 hour ago, Gerry Green said:

Good Coaching can make decent players better. It cannot however, make bad players good.

Good players can win with bad coaching, but you need a poo ton of talent to do so.

I think you are undervaluing our talent level. But hey, there are a whole lot of Huddlers who are doing the same thing. That's fine and all. But, don't come running to me if we start winning games and have a good season and all.

"I think you are undervaluing our talent level. But hey, there are a whole lot of Huddlers who are doing the same thing. That's fine and all. But, don't come running to me if we start winning games and have a good season and all."

What in the sam hill are you talking about? Where do I elude to undervaluing our players. This is the NFL, the best football players in the world and no all of them aren't on the same level. But good Coaching can coach them to be better in our system, ie. Josh Norman. 

Come crying to you when we start winning. This my team, I'm expecting us to start winning. This is the most excited I've been about a season since Cam Newton. But this ain't a one man show no more. 

The Carolina Panthers are looking for legitimacy...

1 hour ago, PantherPhann89 said:

"I think you are undervaluing our talent level. But hey, there are a whole lot of Huddlers who are doing the same thing. That's fine and all. But, don't come running to me if we start winning games and have a good season and all."

What in the sam hill are you talking about? Where do I elude to undervaluing our players. This is the NFL, the best football players in the world and no all of them aren't on the same level. But good Coaching can coach them to be better in our system, ie. Josh Norman. 

Come crying to you when we start winning. This my team, I'm expecting us to start winning. This is the most excited I've been about a season since Cam Newton. But this ain't a one man show no more. 

The Carolina Panthers are looking for legitimacy...

You know what dude. I concur wholeheartedly. 

The joy of the NFL. is you never know from year to year. Almost any team has a chance if they catch lightning in a bottle.

The Falcons have done that twice in 1998 and 2016. But couldn't sustain success after those years.

That is why we N.F.L. fans keep watching and keep coming back. The NFL has the best product in all pro sports. What professional league can say that almost every team has a chance to win a championship every year. Only the NFL.

Most pro sports only have a handful of teams that can win a championship. But every year the N.F.L. can get one team that wasn't expected to be in the Super Bowl. What other professional league can say that?

The other leagues are more predictable. The NFL is not. That is why they are the number one sports league in America!

• Pie 1

As a fan this is the most I've been excited about the defense for 2 decades. Sure none of our acquisitions are world beaters sans Jessie Bates, but it's the sum of their parts that has me giddy. The DL added another 20 sack players, and we finally have that eraser on the back end we sorely lacked forever. I expect this defense to be at least middle of the pack in points given up.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

The reason I like Pro football  better than College football is this--in college, Sabin wins because Sabin gets better players.  In the NFL, the players are pretty even.  Coaching matters.  Football IQ matters, technique matters, free agency matters, the draft matters, chemistry matters.  The general manager and capologist matter about as much as the coaches and scouts.  Winning is such a complex formula. 

Alabama has about 3 games where the opponent is a threat to beat them--they play 12 games, I believe.  To me, that is like having 9 preseason games. 

I can say that for the first time since I can remember, we are doing everything possible to win a championship. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

The Eagles went all out getting all these so called elite players. Look what happened to them that year when they literally fell flat on their faces literally and were destroyed and stopped dead in their tracks the whole season. I'm not saying the Falcons will fail but nobody knows who will falter this season.

Edited by PantherOnTheProwl1523

13 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

The Eagles went all out getting all these so called elite players. Look what happened to them that year when they literally fell flat on their faces literally and were destroyed and stopped dead in their tracks the whole season. I'm not saying the Falcons will fail but nobody knows who will falter this season.

Terrible comparison. Falcons not even close to being a superteam.

Eagles were getting hyped to win a SB that year. Falcons not even predicted to win this division let alone a SB.