• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OFFICIAL: Bryce Young cancels remaining team visits

TheSpecialJuan

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

you do realize at some point the mods are going to start cracking down on this type of poo posting.  Because we prefer the other guy doesnt mean we arent fans.  I hope bryce does well and makes me eat crow year after year (which I will gladly do) but I know how this game is played all too well

Sad Happy Hour GIF

1 minute ago, Martin said:

It is interesting for someone being fine with any choice that you have been leading the charge on being divisive on the board with your “I guess you will no longer be a fan of the team if we pick Young” stuff. I hope you can move past that at some point. 

Smh 50cent GIF - Smh 50Cent Nah - Discover & Share GIFs

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Lame Duck said:

Many mocks still predicting Stroud.  Houston is Young or burst.  I would so love to trade #1 pick and get extra 1st in return.  Houston won’t be drafting top 5 next year and they know it.  Houston in a shitty position right now if we do indeed drafting Young.

Cope! Lmao

4 hours ago, Pantherzilla91 said:

Rough day for the draft capital people 😆

Yep. But the day they pulled that deal off was worse. The destination was determined, this is them telling you what car they are buying for the trip. 

I'd rather take Richardson that Young as far as it goes. I dunno. Can't wrap my head around trading all of that for a 5'10" college player.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, frankw said:

Well the team did say they didn't want the back and forth between two guys going all the way until draft night. Still strange they even have Stroud and Levis bothering to roll into town at all.

It appears the Panthers have their man.  Congrats to Bryce.

However, there's still another week to go until the draft.  

Hopefully, poo won't happen, but sometimes it happens anyway.

4 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

No, I just don’t think teams necessarily say that a lot when it doesn’t make sense to say it, and I don’t think it makes much sense for the Texans to say it to Young. There’s not really anything for them to gain from saying it. I doubt teams were having those conversations with Burrow when everybody knew he was going #1. And I think Jalen Carter is kind of a fool for doing what he did after a disastrous couple months and I don’t trust his judgment so I don’t think it’s a given at all that he has guarantees.

Drew Rosenhaus, Carter's agent, was the one who told teams he's not going because he has gotten those same assurances from several teams in the top 10 about where his floor is. 

Me personally I wouldn't touch the kid with a 10 foot pole but it wasn't like Carter did this on his own. 

What Drew told teams was, if you like him and want to meet him, trade into the top 10 and they're happy to go meet but hes not flying his guy out across the country to meet with teams picking in the 20s who have no shot of getting him. Says the players are humans and to be flown back and forth across the country with every team rehashing aspects of their life's its exhausting

Same applies to Young. Those talks happen. If not from Houston then from us because if they didn't- why else would he not keep visiting teams like the Colts at 4. And if we gave him an assurance then the Texans probably did too. 

• Pie 1