• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Bryce Young scored 98 out of 99 on his S2 cognitive test

TheSpecialJuan

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

With coaches tape in hand and having the ability to ask the candidate what was he thinking, what was the call, take me through your progressions, etc. What exactly can't you see or know?

And again if the S2 were not overvalued than why did Stroud just take a nose dive based in the results. If we saw good results on the field and a poor test score why should we believe a test over what we see. If the test were used like the wonderlic as a very small factor it is one thing. But when the developers say no one who scores low is successful it seems more than just one factor and way over blown.  As someone who administers tests like these I have real problems when tests are purported to do more than they do. They become more counterproductive than helpful when it could help you make the wrong decision because you thought the results are ironclad and highly.ptedictive and they werent.

And the reason so many bust is because there are so many factors which influence success or can derail it. Should you gather as much info as possible ? Sure as long as you know how important each factor is. And you don't let one factor or test determine your decision.

We really don’t know exactly why Stroud is tanking or even if he really is. It could be the test score, it could be his interviews, who knows. 

If the Texans and others pass on him, that will be telling. 

2 hours ago, Tbe said:

We really don’t know exactly why Stroud is tanking or even if he really is. It could be the test score, it could be his interviews, who knows. 

If the Texans and others pass on him, that will be telling. 

I think if someone trades up with the Texans / Arizona AND selects someone else we will learn a lot about overall how Stroud was viewed.  Otoh, Houston going for a different player alone isn't as big an indication.  Just my opinion there.

• 5 months later...

98 out of 99 on the S2 cognitive test plus this

Ft18znmWwAEvLYT.jpg_large.thumb.jpg.0b85ba9d4f60e3fe0b23cb799e1b8870.jpg

=

well, we'll find out

Bryce is going to be a test case on whether elite mental tool can make up for subpar physical ability. And yes, I realize the above RAS is only factoring in physical size but let's be real... Bryce dipped out on drills and athleticism testing for a reason.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

People Keep comparing Bryce to people who are good but he looks like a Lance inverse. Same difference except one went to a playoff team with a good coach and the other went to a bottom dweller and a coach failing again.

He absolutely skipped the explosive drills for a reason and it's the reason he can't Murray or Tua it on gameday.

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

=

well, we'll find out

Bryce is going to be a test case on whether elite mental tool can make up for subpar physical ability. And yes, I realize the above RAS is only factoring in physical size but let's be real... Bryce dipped out on drills and athleticism testing for a reason.

Yeah he did and we have seen why already. No question he was the incorrect pick. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

People Keep comparing Bryce to people who are good but he looks like a Lance inverse. Same difference except one went to a playoff team with a good coach and the other went to a bottom dweller and a coach failing again.

He absolutely skipped the explosive drills for a reason and it's the reason he can't Murray or Tua it on gameday.

Linville and I both stated numerous times that since he skipped the combine and didnt weigh in charlotte there was no way in hell I would take that #1 overall.  If he would have thrown he would have gotten fuging embarrassed 

• Flames 3

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

=

well, we'll find out

This is why it was worth it to draft him imo. IF they can figure out a way to make it work we would have a sustainable path to contention for the next decade, maybe more with the way QBs are protected in todays game. Him not needing to rely on his physical ability to win FOOTBALL games is an absurd trait to possess and impossible to defend. But if also isn't a complete statue in the pocket either. Bryce may pan out, he may be a huge bust, but he was always worth trading up for and drafting.