• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

*apparently false scores leaked* STROUD SCORES 18% ON S2 TEST (or maybe not)

1 minute ago, vorbis said:

the shtick with Bob McGinn's prospect rankings (which are VERY thorough and often go against conventional narratives in insightful ways) is that he polls scouts from all over the league, and grants them anonymity. he includes their thoughts verbatim in his rankings, where he puts prospects into tiers.

I think most of us can understand how the anonymity approach can be really interesting, but also how it can be weaponized or misused to rapidly change perceptions of a prospect in the week leading up to the draft. maybe the truth is being told, but maybe a team feels like if they can make a prospect slide on draft weekend, they can get a good deal out of it. the thing is, we just don't know which is which, thanks to the anonymity thing.

Mike Kaye retweeted this...

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Can't speak for snow, but I would say while Young is probably the pick, you never know until you hear the name read.

(that's why the draft always makes me nervous) 😣

I agree with you on that, I’ve made my choice on who I want clear (I’m perfectly fine if it’s young though), who would you prefer?

5 minutes ago, Beast_3000 said:

It’s a percentile test. If the score is true it means 18 % of all football players that have taken the test has scored lower than him.

Cognitive test aren’t graded like a grade school test. 

I think it's even just QB's, pretty sure they have different tests for different positions. 

8 minutes ago, Beast_3000 said:

It’s a percentile test. If the score is true it means 18 % of all football players that have taken the test has scored lower than him while 72% have scored higher. 

Cognitive test aren’t graded like a grade school test. 

Think you're gonna need more dynamite there Butch.

5 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

No kidding. I got a D in geometry in high school. I have a Masters now. Strouds ceiling is higher. Bryce Young is capped out. 

How is he capped out? Haha. He is the best learner in this draft… he has a head start on every player to be successful in the NFL. What would take stroud, AR, and others multiple seasons to learn… young shows promise to have it understood in a single offseason.

how have we not learned from Brady, burrow, and manning that the QB position isn’t about athletic ability….

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 3
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, The Lobo said:

Not being a jerk, just being curious, why do you think he’s not the sure fire pick for us? 

Just going by the things they've said and done leading up to this point. Everyone is basing their opinions on the fact that Young is the odds on favorite according to media projections. Past experience says the media is almost always wrong with these things. The Huddle concensus is always wrong as well. In reality there is not much difference in a few of these guys as far as ability. Young has more tape and better coaching with more college success on his resume.  Maybe I'm more worried that it won't be him and that's why I'm not buying it until the name is called.  I'm just not ready to say it's Young just because all the questions they get are about Young. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, vorbis said:

the shtick with Bob McGinn's prospect rankings (which are VERY thorough and often go against conventional narratives in insightful ways) is that he polls scouts from all over the league, and grants them anonymity. he includes their thoughts verbatim in his rankings, where he puts prospects into tiers.

I think most of us can understand how the anonymity approach can be really interesting, but also how it can be weaponized or misused to rapidly change perceptions of a prospect in the week leading up to the draft. maybe the truth is being told, but maybe a team feels like if they can make a prospect slide on draft weekend, they can get a good deal out of it. the thing is, we just don't know which is which, thanks to the anonymity thing.

Teams have the scores though. It’s not like you can say Stroud got an 18 and teams will believe it. They have the official scores in hand.